Author Topic: Homestead Motel-Worth a stay? Looking for opinions.  (Read 14380 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Homestead Motel-Worth a stay? Looking for opinions.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
Contrast is like a comparison. I saw no comparing, just a commercial saying "come to our motel".

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 05:43:54 AM »
Laroy, you are not a moderator, so you have no business mouthing off to sanddunerider. I'm ok with having classic's info posted around because they offer us a discount and are essentially the official hotel affiliated with this site. I hope we can answer the original question about what Homestead Motel is like, but sanddunerider's post is OK in this instance.

Homestead looks very reasonable on the surface. The vast majority of the reviews look good, so I'd give it a try. Let us know how it turns out.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 07:47:20 AM »
The Classic is American owned, this matters to me and is becoming harder to find.
I have always found that people from my culture know what my expectations are when I stay and the Classic has not disappointed.
Upon further inspection it looks like I jumped to conclusions on the hotel.  Its very similar to another hotel name I don't recommend.  Please let us know how it worked out for you and if they gave you a good rate.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:02:02 AM by mhguy77 »

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 08:14:03 PM »
The Classic is American owned, this matters to me and is becoming harder to find.
I have always found that people from my culture know what my expectations are when I stay and the Classic has not disappointed.

If I recall correctly, Homestead has a sign that says "American owned".

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 09:10:21 PM »
We have stayed at Classic Motor Inn many times great that they offer discount, been to Homestead awhile back wasn't thrilled with it but not horrible by any means. Becoming rather fond of Lodge at the Falls and both Angel Inn locations but as soon as summer peak prices hit we will be at Classic! Since we have large family we always get two rooms which requires us to be as thrifty as possible so exclusive discounts are awesome.

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 09:37:23 PM »
Thanks for the comments. Sorry I started a mini-crap storm. That Laroy. He's something.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »
No problem SDC BMX. I just try to make everybody happy, smiling, laughing, keep the peace, and say what most people are thinking. I try to find the good in everything and live every day like its my last. If I do or dont like something, you're gonna hear about it. I dont mean to be a harsh critic or be like Simon Cowell, but if something isnt right or someone isnt following the rules, I want it fixed.

I feel apart of this community, even though not many of you have made me feel that way. I am just like everyone else here. I want people to comment whenever they please. If anybody has any advice on how to do or say something better, dont worry, I wont hold it against you, just tell me. Im willing to try most things in this world. Some people think I might be crazy. Maybe I am, so what. But I feel like most of you look at everything different than I do, and thats probably why we get all this drama on here. Look at stuff from my point of view and maybe read my replies over and over again to yourself. There is no reason to be silent. We are all friends here. Remember, this is America. We have rights, one of them is Free Speech.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:51:25 PM by Laroy »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »
If I recall correctly, Homestead has a sign that says "American owned".

Do not be deceived by what advertising insinuates.  The sign on the motel says " The  American Inn" or something very close but does not say American owned.
Have any doubts? call them and see if you can get a manager on the phone if they don't answer to start with.  I think you will see quickly.  I tried to stay there when the Classic was full because I had a dog and found this out.

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 08:37:05 PM »
http://www.homesteadmotel.net/photos.htm#3030018

Bottom of picture page. American owned. The lady I booked with is the owner, husband and her live on premises. Very nice lady. Gave me a SDC discount also. Pet friendly. She had no problem with me bringing my two dogs. Actually encouraged it.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 10:39:02 PM »
Looks like a very nice hotel...if we didn't have our fifth wheel that we pull to the "Wilderness" we might try it out...
Colorado SDC Fan

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:45 AM »
Bottom of picture page. American owned. The lady I booked with is the owner, husband and her live on premises. Very nice lady. Gave me a SDC discount also. Pet friendly. She had no problem with me bringing my two dogs. Actually encouraged it.

Sorry I was mixed up with the names and found that we are talking about another motel.  I am going to yank my posts on this. I apologize.
What are the rates?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »
@ MH..  you were talking about the Old Homestay? Werent you?  New name is American Eagle Inns & Suites..   After changeing owners and names 3 times last year, LOL.. who knows what they will call it next month... LOL..   Most of us know the history of that place, and to stay away from Homestay..!!    Did I really say that?  ...LOL..

@ SDC-BMW-,  make sure you give a review of motel here on this thread after you stay...   

I had also forgotten ( Oh No!, everybody hold on! ;D),  Classic also has pet rooms and smoking rooms if you ask for them, same price, no added deposit or costs...

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 12:48:27 PM »
Classic never responded to my email about a room. So they are off my list of potentials this year.

I too hate constant plugs for business. As we should be tolerant of the product placement, we should be tolerant of the opinions of such.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »
I never Email for anything if I want to get a response.. 
Who knows if an email link is even working or the correct one now-a days,,
Give them a call, they appreciate the business..
The ladies will be glad to take care of you..  417-334-8831

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
If your email link is not working, and you are advertising deals on forums, you have a broken business model.

Maybe I should be soliciting my website management skills here.