Author Topic: Food Reviews  (Read 7417 times)

SavetheTreeHouse

• View Profile
Re: Food Reviews
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »
We bring in water.   Does anyone know the price on the all you care for ribs is? 

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 09:36:16 AM »
I have never paid $16 for a buffet at SDC.  Was there last weekend.  I think the prices were $13.99 for lunch buffet plus you get 10% off with season pass.  Breakfast I think was like $8.99 but with breakfast you get 20% off.  About the same as I would pay anywhere else. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »
No. $13 for lunch? I can go to GC buffet for $7 plus the buy 2 get 1 free. Cici's is about $4 to $5. Breakfast is free at most Motels/Hotels.

What do you mean by Powers to be? Is someone new going to be in charge or is someone buying SDC?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:09:14 AM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »
 :o :o :o   ::) ::) ::)    ??? ???    :-[ :-[

pintrader

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
No. $13 for lunch? I can go to GC buffet for $7 plus the buy 2 get 1 free. Cici's is about $4 to $5. Breakfast is free at most Motels/Hotels.

What do you mean by Powers to be? Is someone new going to be in charge or is someone buying SDC?

PTB - Powers That Be......This means the people that make the decisions from the top at SDC.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
First of all I do not consider the food to be overpriced.  SDC is much cheaper than the average amusement park.  Second thing is that I can eat crappy fast food any day of the week.  When I go to SDC I want SDC food.   We start our day every time with the breakfast buffet.  We always eat at least one meal in the mine while we are visiting if not just for the food we also eat there because of a kind and wonderful waitress named Diane.  Of course we have eaten at every possible place on park and enjoy them all.   I do want to say this in case the PTB read this.   We all LOVED and miss Big Jacks sandwich shop.   

Yep, I agree with you.  Eating at the park is part of the experience.  I love the fact that I can make choices that are not fast food while I'm there.  If I wanted a $1 burger and fries, I'd most definitely eat it before I got to the park - rather than carrying it around while it gets cold.  That's just gross.  To the PTB - I miss Polly's; not just the ham and beans, but the ambience of the restaurant.  I loved that place.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »
Just an FYI.   The Mine has the ham and beans on the buffet now. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »
:o :o :o   ::) ::) ::)    ??? ???    :-[ :-[

Don't even try, Sand.  It's not worth it.     ::)