Author Topic: 2015 Star Spangled Summer  (Read 5880 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
2015 Star Spangled Summer
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:20 PM »
For the Star Spangled Summer I know the Harlem Globetrotters and Championship Cloggers are featured shows. Does anybody know if there will be any other shows, beyond the regular music performances? Just curious. I know nothing else is listed on the SDC website.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: 2015 Star Spangled Summer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
The Opera House will be empty so I don't think any other acts besides the Harlem Globetrotters.
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
OK...thanks for the info.
Colorado SDC Fan

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
Basically HG, cajuns, saloon show, pure heart, cloggers, sons of the silver dollar, street shows, and character meet & greets. Thats basically it.....HG along with every show they normally have on regular days...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »
I stay away during the Summer Festival.  Too many people and not enough fresh non ride options to help an adult through the day.
I think a  show in the Opera house would be welcome.  Bring back For the Glory or another mini play, its a great way to stay out of the heat.  I enjoy an hour or so break during the day and the Harlem Globetrotters are not the entertainment I am looking for.  I know we have just a few months to really tap that young audience but we do need to throw the adults a bone.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »
MH, are going to be in the city before mid-June?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:54 PM »
I, too, wish there was some type of entertainment in the Opera House during the summer. We will make 1 visit during Star Spangled Summer instead of 2 - 4 visits during that period of time.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
Same. No theater should be closed during any festival unless something needs fixed, like the roof. Get something in there! I dont care what! The more options, the better.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:28:27 PM by Laroy »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
I miss when they had the Jack Hannah Wild Animal show, Dog show, there was a show they did with a parrot, etc. during Kids' Fest...of course back then the hideout was still open too...
Colorado SDC Fan

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »
They had the dog show almost every year until now. I never went because I saw it too many times at the fair. Now, i miss the dog show, because at least it was a show.

By hideout, do you mean the Tree house?

I dont think they ever had Jack Hannah or a Jack Hannah's animal show. They had other animal shows before, though.

The Parrot show was only at CC, as well as the Skinny Improv, and Chapter 6. I miss all 3 of them!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:16:52 PM by Laroy »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 07:14:08 AM »
MH, are going to be in the city before mid-June?
I think we are planning a Bluegrass trip around the 15-17 somewhere in that weekend.
Its been a slow spring for me up to this point.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
They had the dog show almost every year until now. I never went because I saw it too many times at the fair. Now, i miss the dog show, because at least it was a show.

By hideout, do you mean the Tree house?

I dont think they ever had Jack Hannah or a Jack Hannah's animal show. They had other animal shows before, though.

The Parrot show was only at CC, as well as the Skinny Improv, and Chapter 6. I miss all 3 of them!

Other Kids' Fest Activities and Shows

Jim Fowler's Wonders of Wild LIVE! - A great show for children and adults of all ages. It features live native and exotic animals like grizzly bears, alligators, wolves, tigers, leopards, and pythons.

Extreme Parrots - A high-flying show featuring exotic birds from all over the world.

Purina's Dog Team Challenge - Energetic canine thrill show. On-lookers will see World-Champion trick Frisbee dogs, and 10 dogs competing in high-jumping, barrel racing, team weave pole racing, and novel pet tricks. They've also added the brand new dock diving. Watch as dogs get a running start and leap up to 30' in the air into a pool of water.

Championship Clogging - This attraction features young, award-winning, competition dance teams from around the nation.

American Kids - Runs June 11 - August 21, and features a group of kids performing a tribute to the traditions and values that American holds dear.

Banana Split Eatin' Contest - A daily event for any kid.

Kids' Fest runs at Silver Dollar City from June to August. Call ahead for specific show times inside the park. Of course, all this Kids' Fest excitement is in addition to the already amazing Silver Dollar City.

I guess it was Jim Fowler's Wonders of Wildlife not Jack Hanna...Extreme Parrots were there for sure 2 years...saw them at SDC before I saw them at CC...
Colorado SDC Fan

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 12:17:25 AM »
Dont remember parrots being in SDC ever. When were both of those shows out there?! How the hell did I miss that Jim Fowlers animal show! I never saw anything about that.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:18:40 AM by Laroy »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »
2006 and 2007...I remember because in 2006 The Grand Exposition was brand new and that was the same season we saw the parrots and Jim Fowler's show. The parrots were there for 2 or 3 years before they transferred over to CC.
Colorado SDC Fan

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »
The Purina Dog show is really fun!

I don't go to SDC during summer any more unless someone has invited me to go... Too many people in too hot of weather...