Author Topic: Threads of Old  (Read 3003 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Threads of Old
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
As I think back on all my discussions of experiences of SDC on this site, I couldn't help thinking of my favorite threads like the "aura" of SDC started by Andymeets1880. Didn't know if there are others of you who think back on such things but for those of you who do, what are your favorite threads discussed on this site?
Colorado SDC Fan

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Threads of Old
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »
I miss Where in the City photos & guesses, what ever happened to it? 
Live life like it's the last day!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
^I didn't get any pictures for the game when we were there for Spring Break.  We'll see.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
I miss Where in the City photos & guesses, what ever happened to it? 

Me too!  Wasn't that run by RubeDugan and/or History Buff?

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »
Where in the City was definitely one of the threads I was thinking of as well...even though I never got many of the pictures correct it was fun playing.
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
Not that I'm living in the past, but I do miss some of our old discussions...guess that's where the motto "You have a Great Past Ahead of You!" came from...
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 01:27:35 PM »
Where In the City is my creation, but rube took it over for a while when I was on hiatus (working through the Joplin tornado, etc.).  I guess I'll have to get some shots on my next trip.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
Seems like some members here contribute tons of stuff over a period of time, but as things change in their lives, they have less time here. Work, family, and so forth changes. I had season passes 3 years in a row, made it a point to be there opening day, and post pictures frequently, but a change in jobs 2 years ago changed that. I miss the contributions of folks like RubeDugans, but he has a busy work and family life, so I understand. The park employees that are members here are strongly warned by their employer to watch what they post on social media. My workplace is the same way, criticise or diss your workplace or release info considered not appropriate, and you can be dismissed. As always, I'm glad to share memories of the past, and photos, too. SDC is a unique place. It has changed over the years, but still retains much of the old time atmosphere. 5 generations of my family have visited, and we will continue to go back.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"