Author Topic: Extended Hours- Thanksgiving weekend  (Read 4344 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Extended Hours- Thanksgiving weekend
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »
Open until 10 on Black Friday,  AND if I read the notice correct, open sat for additional black Friday sales.....  AND open until 10pm on sat night as well..!!!!

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/offers/After-Thanksgiving-Sale.aspx?icid=blackfriday-hp-hero-2

Bigdog

• View Profile
Re: Extended Hours- Thanksgiving weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
They kept the line for Outlaw Run open until about 10:15 on Saturday night.  There were about 4 or 5 kids, including mine, that were able to ride a few more times after the expected closing time.

However, I was disappointed that many of the attractions were scaled back on Sunday.  75+ temps on a holiday weekend means large crowds even on a Sunday.  But they only had one train operating on TNT and Wildfire and only one arm on the big swing.  Those lines were long.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
TNT and Wildfire's 2nd trains and PK's 3rd train are all in winter rehab tear down already. With a very short off season and more thrill rides now they have no choice but to start early.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »
yes, and the quit running TNT about 5 or so, maybe earlier.....  I was in that area and could not hear the cars running and no line.

Bigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »
TNT and Wildfire's 2nd trains and PK's 3rd train are all in winter rehab tear down already. With a very short off season and more thrill rides now they have no choice but to start early.

Wildfire had 2 trains running on Saturday night but only one on Sunday. 

I was told that TNT also had 2 running on Saturday night but I didn't ride it myself.  The wait was less than 10 minutes on Saturday and 45+ on Sunday, which is typical with only one train.

PowderKeg had 2 trains both days.  Train 3 appears to be shut down.

The Swing had both arm swinging on Saturday but only 1 on Sunday. 
It was a walkon Saturday and a 30+ minute wait on a Sunday.

Outlaw run had 2 trains both days.  We rode multiple times with a max wait of 10-15 minutes.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:48:58 PM »
It seems like SDC has been extending hours a lot more than usual for An Old Time Christmas this year.  I find it funny they have been stayng open later on recent Saturdays than they do during moonlight madness in the summer.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
Weather has been good. I gotta figure that is a major factor

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
It was only a few years ago, that closing during OTC was 11 p.m.  Man, I loved it!  Nearly vacant after 10.  I wonder if they are moving toward that later closing time again.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
It's probably a better plan to advertise closing at the early time, with the option of staying open later.  That way they don't have to stay open if the weather is bad or the crowd is sparse.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
Well they have had 2 or 3 weekends of perfect weather so far,,,,  These late nights I am sure was a pleasant surprise for lots of visitors..

I actually thought about going out sate evening later, BUT didn't want to face the traffic...  so stayed in town where it was "safe"....LOL