Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180278 times)

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
Boomerangs are a disaster in my opinion.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
^^Ha ha, noooo...  I try to be as positive a critic as I can be, but I can't see how anyone who follows this park would want either of those attractions.

If we're talking about things we want again, then I want to see the G-fighter concept come back again, but this time with better trains and transitions. Either that, or a dive machine themed in similar fashion to Baron 1898. Basically I want a coaster that will continue the trend of fitting into the city while satisfying the thirst for quality modern rides.

I keep wondering if a refurb/rebuild will come soon instead though... American Plunge, Fire-in-the-hole, and Thunderation all seem like they have a finite amount of time left before they are forced to deal with them somehow.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
A lot of parks are getting a ride like the Brain Drain ride this year. Elitch Gardens, Frontier City, and Darien Lake. Maybe more parks too. Here is Brain Drain:

NEW Brain Drain at Frontier City: https://youtu.be/sQqbUzzfKhI

I think SDC should either get this ride or the Boomerang coaster that a lot of parks have. Either one would be a BIG addition and they both take little space.

SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
A lot of parks are getting a ride like the Brain Drain ride this year. Elitch Gardens, Frontier City, and Darien Lake. Maybe more parks too. Here is Brain Drain:

I think SDC should either get this ride or the Boomerang coaster that a lot of parks have. Either one would be a BIG addition and they both take little space.

No No No might as well make the place a traveling carnival.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »

We agree on the super loop, and if you mean a Vekoma boomerang I'm with you there as well. But if he means something else, it depends on what it is.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »
To be fair, Gerstauler (sp?) and Vekoma are both making new spins on the "boomerang"/shuttle concept. Those could be interesting... but I think after seeing Firechaser Express we are right to expect something at least as big at SDC.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »
To be fair, Gerstauler (sp?) and Vekoma are both making new spins on the "boomerang"/shuttle concept. Those could be interesting... but I think after seeing Firechaser Express we are right to expect something at least as big at SDC.

I've  posted some of those and that's what I was getting at on singling out the  Vekoma Boomerang that infects many parks. If its one of those shuttle coasters designed for basically all ages like the one at OK Corral in France  but with much better theming, I can see that. I could have seen that with the latest addition.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
... but I think after seeing Firechaser Express we are right to expect something at least as big at SDC.

agreed..   Just seems to be the next "logical" step............

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »
... but I think after seeing Firechaser Express we are right to expect something at least as big at SDC.

agreed..   Just seems to be the next "logical" step............

Well, that's a gerstlauer. It basically a tricked up version of what Shave and I are talking about. They added a tame launch instead of a backward lift and included a trick track to help with capacity .

This is the simple Gerstlauer shuttle at OK Corral
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:28:51 PM by chittlins »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »
I can't see a Boomerang coaster fitting in well at SDC. I don't know how you could theme one well enough to follow the parks theme. Also, I hate how long it takes to load the Boomerangs and that they are low capacity rides.

Personally, I would love to see another B&M coaster come to the park. However, I don't want just another inverted coaster that are all over the place.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 05:51:21 PM »
I can't see a Boomerang coaster fitting in well at SDC. I don't know how you could theme one well enough to follow the parks theme. Also, I hate how long it takes to load the Boomerangs and that they are low capacity rides.

Personally, I would love to see another B&M coaster come to the park. However, I don't want just another inverted coaster that are all over the place.

You can theme up anything. I think B&M are fine coasters sans their OTSRs.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »

I just don't want SDC to have a ride that you can ride at many different amusement parks and get the exact same experience. The park needs to get rides that will continue to bring in the younger people that don't care about the shows and how the park is better themed than almost any other park in the world.

But I do agree that SDC could find a way to theme any type of ride or attraction. Any type of theming will be better than Geyser Gulch was.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »
The next coaster will NOT be a shuttle coaster or a Super Loop so there's no need to continue the conversation. Remember B&M and Gerstlauer coasters takes time to plan and design so your next coaster is already in later stages of the design process. Am I saying it is coming in 2016? No, but I'm also not denying that the park has a very large project that will arrive very soon (maybe 2016, maybe later).
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Shavethewhales
I keep wondering if a refurb/rebuild will come soon instead though... American Plunge, Fire-in-the-hole, and Thunderation all seem like they have a finite amount of time left before they are forced to deal with them somehow.

Agreed! Flooded Mine may need some rebuilding or upgrading too. If not, those rides will start rusting, rotting, or going bad in some way, people will stop riding them because they will start getting really boring, and start becoming unsafe. Fire In The Hole is not far from the whole building falling, if they dont do something soon...And they cant take it out! REBUILD IT ASAP!!! I also want all the old track, that used to be part of the ride, back and I want to hear a voice on speakers, telling the whole story!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:14:13 PM by shavethewhales »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »

I just don't want SDC to have a ride that you can ride at many different amusement parks and get the exact same experience. The park needs to get rides that will continue to bring in the younger people that don't care about the shows and how the park is better themed than almost any other park in the world.

But I do agree that SDC could find a way to theme any type of ride or attraction. Any type of theming will be better than Geyser Gulch was.

Absolutely disagree with you!  SDC does need to care about shows and theming.  Shows are part of the overall experience for all park visitors, and theming?  That's what makes them stand out above the rest.  Without those two important assets,  SDC will become just another roller coaster park.