Author Topic: Best Day to Visit?  (Read 2446 times)

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Best Day to Visit?
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
With school starting up, what day have you found to be the less crowded during the week? And is it best to wait until september/October to come visit? Thank you!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Best Day to Visit?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
I'm not sure about which day, but...any day during the week is better than the weekend.  Sept/Oct. is a beautiful time to visit the park.  If I were you, I'd pick a time during Oct. because Fall is in its glory, and the park is beautiful.  Days are warm and evenings are cool.  Have a great time!

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
I go on sundays and find it to be just the right amount of people. It really doesn't start filling up until 3 or so and then I leave. But I do have a season pass.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »
Coming from Joplin, I always take the Aurora exit off I-44E and go the back way through all the mountains and the fall is the absolutely BEST time to make that drive, absolutely beautiful.  There is no better scenery at any park anywhere than SDC and then you add fall on top of it, BOOM.  Fantastic.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
We find that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days in our experience.  That being said, they aren't open many Tuesdays in the Fall.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"