Author Topic: EXPIRED refill mugs  (Read 22829 times)

STEPHEN D

• View Profile
Re: EXPIRED refill mugs
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
They must have ran low on the Red/White/Blue ones.  We were there the first couple weekends of September and they had the "SALOON" cups at all the concession stands.  They are printed with an expectation date of 2012 but are being marketed as a "forever cup." 

arftle

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »
The older ones were for sale at all the stands we stopped at. You could choose between this year's mug and the old one.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 06:05:36 PM »
So....what's the word on refills on the old mugs this year?  Headed back to SDC and was wondering if I should even take my old mugs.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »
Honoring Old Mugs as they have in past, 
have used my Buzzsaw mugs 3 times,, 
discounted price, no questions asked.. ;D

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
My mugs from 1995 are still good !

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2016, 06:18:31 PM »
Technically, you only need one mug.  Consider taking along some smaller cups that fit inside the mug, and filling them from the mug.  Then get another refill for the mug when it's empty.  Where there is a cheapskate, there is a way!

When we were there a couple of trips ago we took one of last years mugs by mistake and they filled it once, but later at the lumberjack camp they would not, which OK fine, so I was telling my wife we would just fill our current mug and dump it in the old mug and refill it again later.  The lady working at the register said if we did that they would take away all of our mugs. WOW.  I figure if I pay for a refill it is mine to do with whatever I want, I could dump it on the ground if I wanted it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »

[/quote]

When we were there a couple of trips ago we took one of last years mugs by mistake and they filled it once, but later at the lumberjack camp they would not, which OK fine, so I was telling my wife we would just fill our current mug and dump it in the old mug and refill it again later.  The lady working at the register said if we did that they would take away all of our mugs. WOW.  I figure if I pay for a refill it is mine to do with whatever I want, I could dump it on the ground if I wanted it.
[/quote]

Was her name Hillary?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:22 PM »
8)  No, Hillary would have made them give their mug refills to people who don't have mugs at all.

Anyway, I get their point, but they have to know smart people will do that.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 07:12:56 PM »
^LOL! Hillary!!  ;D  But, I have to agree with Okie!  He bought the mug and legally paid for the refill.  It's up to him what he wants to do with it once he pays for it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:14:57 PM by Gilligan »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
Seems like SDC is becoming too "corporate" so to speak. The day they start charging for parking, stop letting you take coolers in to the park, etc. will be the day we stop going. One reason we love SDC so much is because it is "cost effective" for my family. If the PTB start getting too money hungry people will stop going and it will blow up in their face.
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »
To be fair, they are perfectly within their rights to sell products at their own prices and rules.  I have to admit, if I owned it, I'd try to figure our how to keep the outside food out.  Of course, if I owned a Taco Bell, I wouldn't want people bringing in a box of Pizza Hut, either.  I mean, we call SDC a park, but it's not like it's a municipal park; it is privately owned.  And incidentally, we carried food into Disney World just about every day we were there.

At the same time, if there's no written rule about pouring out your refill and getting another one, I don't think they have a leg to stand on.  It's kind of complicated.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »
Seems like SDC is becoming too "corporate" so to speak. The day they start charging for parking, stop letting you take coolers in to the park, etc. will be the day we stop going. One reason we love SDC so much is because it is "cost effective" for my family. If the PTB start getting too money hungry people will stop going and it will blow up in their face.

You DO know that the park has long been nicknamed "Steal Your Dollar City" - if people haven't beenturned off by the park's "money hungry" actions by now, I don't think they (PTB) have anything to worry about.   It's not like they are forcing you to pay for lockers at the rides like Six Flags. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 10:39:26 PM »
You remember the year they tried to call is "Save a Dollar City" in their TV spots?