Author Topic: Old cabin or maybe barn next to the construction at Branson West Wal-mart?  (Read 9055 times)

sdcforever

Re: Old cabin or maybe barn next to the construction at Branson West Wal-mart?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
Looks like a really cool piece of nostalgia, even if it was just a set piece. I'm more angered that walmart is expanding than I am it the cabin being taken out, but alas, such is American life for the next couple of generations until our children realize that urban sprawl is a bane of American life.

Or until Wal-Mart turns into Buy 'n' Large and the planet starts to look like it does in Wall-E. :o

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 11:42:15 PM »
Wow, those are some great shots rubedugan.  You have a real talent.  You have a good eye for angles in those photos.  The pic with the backhoe showing through the door really tells the story.

Great work!

Edit:  I love the black and white, and boy the shot with the bright blue sky is nice also.  It doesn't look windy the day you were out there, but I bet if it had been you would have been a little nervous inside the structure.  That baby looks like she's ready to crash with just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:45:28 PM by Hatfield McCoy »

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:31 AM »
My dad and I went into it and found that 1 board standing upright (maybe a 2x4) was honestly all that was holding up the 2'nd story in the collapsing portion.The floor was fully intact, except for where this 2x4 was forcing the full weight of the 2nd story on the board causing it to bend. Very un-nerving being inside. Thanks for the feedback on the photos as well. I went to school for art, and later changed to education, so I do have a photography background. I really liked the backhoe pic as well to show the full story since now this place is most likely gone...