Author Topic: Fire at Outlaw Run  (Read 8601 times)

TinTypeGuy

Fire at Outlaw Run
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »
Don't know any details but according to the Southern Stone Count Fire Protection Districts official facebook page; they are reporting fire at outlaw run. Building appears to be fully involved according to SDC security. Full structure response responding with mutual aide from Branson Fire and Western Taney County Fire.

Edit--

Crews have "knocked down the fire with no major damage."

One final edit -

Fire appears to be contained to the area around the depot sign and entrance. Not the ride itself. -- a big sigh of relief if you are a fan of this ride like I am
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:43:35 PM by TinTypeGuy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Fire at Outlaw Run
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:52:08 PM »
So there was a fire in the gift shop? That's the only place I could imagine a fire starting... On the FB page they just refer to it as the "entrance"...

SDC was closed today, thankfully. We'll have to see how bad it is from reports this week I guess.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 12:20:09 AM »
I first heard this on a friend's Facebook page a little while ago, tho she didn't know much about it. I hope it all turns out ok! I wonder how it started?
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:57:12 AM »
I just read about it on FB page also.. They described it as "full engulfed".......  Lets hope not....

Tinman will be there tomorrow working, I am sure we will get a report from him if possible..........

......................fingers crossed)..................................

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 01:05:14 AM »
^Who said it was fully engulfed? The only official statements have implied it was a small fire in or near the station. Lets make sure no rumors spill out of control. It would be so easy for the GP to think the whole thing just burned down.

Honestly, most of the reports kept mentioning the entrance signage, which sounds like the little stand that has the wait time display on it... I've heard of some smoke/fire damage to the building though, but it sounds like it was contained to that little area. I don't think it will be anything they can't fix within a few weeks.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »
According to Silver Dollar City officials, there was a fire tonight involving the area surrounding the Outlaw Run roller coaster. The coaster itself was never on fire. The flames were contained to a small area, near the depot sign, and were quickly put out. Firefighters do remain on the scene at this time, watching for hot spots. The structure near the coaster has sustained some fire and water damage. We'll have more on this, tomorrow morning on Ozarks Today at 5:00 a.m.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
I am seeing other reports now indicationg NO damage to coaster itself..

I read this first......"""We just heard it on the scanner Outlaw run is fully involved.Fire dept is responding.This is sad."""""  (posted by a brasonite)..

Local radio posted """"follow-up on the fire at Silver Dollar City this evening. There were no injuries and no major damage to the Outlaw Run coaster. The fire was apparently contained to a building and sign at the entrance of the ride.""""

Branson Tri-Lakes posted """Three area fire departments responded to a fire at Silver Dollar City at approximately 10:50 p.m. Tuesday night.
Southern Stone County Fire Protection District Public Information Officer Eric Nielsen said crews from Southern Stone, along with personnel from Branson Fire Department and Western Taney County Fire Protection District, were able to knock back flames on Outlaw Run and prevent damage to the ride.
"It looks like it started around the area of the entrance to the ride," he said.
Nielsen said the damage was contained to the entrance area alone and the damage was minimal.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this point, he said. No injuries were reported.""""

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 04:29:11 AM »
Danged outlaws! Trying to burn the stage depot down! Now the law is really going to be after them. Alfie and Ralphie Bowlin will go to all lengths to reclaim their home territory where their birth shack was located.  ;)     Seriously, hope all is well there. Wonder if someone had some faulty Christmas lights?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:30:54 AM by Junior »
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:27 AM »
Short in a strand of Christmas lights, perhaps?
SWOOSH

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:46 AM »
If you visit the Southern Stone County Fire Protection District Facebook page they have posted pictures.  Damage looks to be minimal.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Short in a strand of Christmas lights, perhaps?

Pretty good suspect there Swoosh.  They are attaching those lights with a staple gun.  It doesn't take much to figure out there is a good chance of short there.  I watched a string of lights I was setting up outside start burning, those little fuses on the sets are only so useful.  You have a fairly good suspect on your hands.  I would add that after 15 or so years of SDC Christmas celebrations this is the first issue I have heard about.  Maybe its an acceptable risk.  I myself will not reuse lights inside the house, one year and they go outside on a tree or something not attached to the house. BTW, I thought SDC had their own Fire department.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »
And in other news, Silver Dollar City has subsequently renamed Outlaw Run to Fire in the Hole 2. ;D
...Glad to hear the damage is repairable, and no one was hurt. :)

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
Yeah, I think the "fully engulfed" rumor came from those Bransonites with scanners (my friend included). Glad to know that the ride itself is fine.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
Obviously the Bald Knobbers have reorganized.  The vigilantes will always take over when you only have one sheriff on staff, and no one has been arrested in 50 years.  The same inmates are still breaking out of the mine, and the one guy in the jail just sleeps all the time.  I think it's time to step up on the law enforcement.

::)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating