Author Topic: Gary Snadon passed away (SOTH)  (Read 2940 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Gary Snadon passed away (SOTH)
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
It was just announced on the 1branson board that Gary Snadon, the owner of Shepherd of the Hills, just passed away. He had been battling cancer. Don't know any other details yet.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Snadon passed away (SOTH)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
So very, very sorry to hear this. Gary and his family attended church with mine when his daughter Shawna and I were in high school together at Branson. Shawna and I both worked at SDC and at Hee Haw Theater, and my brother graduated Branson high with Gary's other daughter. They are a fine family, and Gary did much over the years in the Branson community. May God bless and keep him and his family. All best wishes to the Snadon family! Another chapter in the history of Shepherd of the Hills Homestead closes.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:50 AM »
Sad to hear it, but his illness may have contributed to the family's decision to close the play. God bless them for everything that they have done for the Branson community over the years.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
Thanks for the links! It definitely adds merit to why the play was closed down so swiftly. Interestingly enough, even though the play is based on fictional stories, Mr. Snadon's contributions to area will forever be a part of the real Branson history!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »
So terribly sad for the family, but I still hold out hope that someone can save the play and the homestead.