Author Topic: Anyone been to the park lately?  (Read 12657 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Anyone been to the park lately?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 08:16:20 PM »
^Ah, yes, I remember my last Christmas trip to the park, I rode Wildfire some 17 times or so without getting off, and it was cold... so cold... but so fun.

Sigh, it'll be Christmas before I can visit the park again.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
My family and I are taking a trip down to SDC this weekend. We're driving up Saturday and we'll go to the park on Sunday. I'm pretty excited. I'm going to try to get a lot of pictures for you guys. I'd like to take the pictures with my cell phone but I don't have a cord for my phone to plug into my computer, so it looks like I'll be using my parent's camera. Is there anything in particular you guys want pics of??

Copper and SDCFan17: I think you guys said you live in Springfield. Are you guys going to be at the park this weekend?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »
The mansion and the tree house could be points of interest, but it's doubtful that much has happened since I was last there. Didn't someone say that the Mansion was closed last they were there though? Maybe they've started on it...

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »
well i've got to work this sat. but my parents are going to the st. johns picknic at celebration city for my mom. i will be down there later around 9 to go through the best haunted house ever!!! bransons haunted adventure park, it sounds pretty cool this year!!
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 09:08:39 PM »
We're going to SDC on Sunday. We're going to get there a little later on Saturday so we'll probably ride go-karts or go mini golfing or something. Our favorite place to ride go-karts is the big wooden track. I think it's called The Lumberjack or something to that extent. Anybody else like that track?

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »
yeah it is pretty fun
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »
I've been to the Track once, and I remember how scandalous the pricing was. All-in-all, I never go to the mini-golf/go-kart places. I can get the same thing where I'm at. I do sometimes just walk from arcade to arcade though, just to see what's there.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 09:23:29 PM »
Haha, I guess your the exact opposite of us. We don't go in the arcade places. We go go-karting. Branson is the closest mini-golf/go-kart place to us. Besides, Osage Beach but it doesn't have as much.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »
In case anyone didn't see, Copper has contributed a set of photos showing some of the park's fall decorations, Christmas lights being set up, the Flooded Mine, and the Gandy Dancer, which as it turns out, I didn't even know was there. When everyone talked about the old tracks in the landing, I was thinking of something else; these tracks are actually huge! I wonder if it's possible for them to be re-built again.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »
Never heard of the Gandy Dancer. What exactly was it?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »
I think it was that self-propelled rail way that used to be in Shanty Town. Apparently one or two people climbed into little carts and in some manner propelled the cart around the track at varying speeds. Now that I think about it, I can't imagine why they haven't re-built it. It would be cheap, fun, and a big hit with the younger crowd.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Hmmm, interesting. But those Christmas lights aren't just in the lesser known areas of the park. Their everywhere. They've been putting them up in a lot of places. Tom Sawyer's Landing, FITH, pretty much everywhere, but just at random spots.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »
Yeah, I know, but they usually start appearing in less-noticed areas before they really get everywhere, or at least that's how it used to be.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 10:38:23 PM »
Here's my chance to show that I *don't* know everything about SDC:

In the "More Lights" picture that has the Gone Fishin painted on a fence..... Where in the world is that building?

And what landmark in the Landing are those tracks near, so I can try to find them myself whenever I go again...?

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 01:12:29 AM »
The “Gone Fishin” is located in the Landing next to the Carousel. The barn you see in that picture was once the petting zoo. Behind the barn is the tracks for the ride that I think was called “Gandy Dancer” hopefully I can find someone to confirm.