Author Topic: Worlds of Fun 2014  (Read 23862 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds of Fun 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
So do I! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »
Hee Haw is still on.  RFD channel (I think Sunday nights at 8) All I know is I DVR all of them and watch them later in the week when time allows.  I DVR the Presleys show also.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
Me too on both accounts. Didn't really like the Haygood's show though. I DVR anything bluegrass for that matter

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
yes the haygoods tv show only ran 1 season, 1st couple of shows were ok, but then they just ran together...... not very exciting at all.......

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
not sure where the smiley came in. I meant to say Sunday at (eight-o-clock) only in number form.

Guess I just didnt catch the Haygoods on the guide. Darnnit. I would have DVRd them too. dadgummit!
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
I watched them for two seasons on RFD.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Finally got back after about 8 years. Patriot is a solid B&M. Mamba is getting a little rough. Skyhawk yet to open. Prowler is a solid ride. Timberwolf needs to have a match taken to it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »
Mamba gets rough when it is really hot outside as the wheels basically melt at the fast speeds.  I always have my best rides on it early and late in the season.

SteelHawk is really close to opening.  It *might* be open for this weekend.  There was talk about all it really needing was so many cycles before the state could sign off on it.  I know they were running the heck out of it on Friday.

Patriot is very underrated.  I love the airtime hill over the station.

Prowler is just amazing.  Especially in the dark.

TimberWolf needs so much help.  I don't know if Topper Track could even help it
SWOOSH

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »
Timberwolf was such a good ride when I was in high school. Prowler was great. Spinning Dragons is actually a really good family coaster although it and Boomerang will never be in the same league as the Zinger.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
I'm hoping to make it out there for my first visit sometime in late September - early October.

Can't believe how long its taking them to get SteelHawk open. I hope it doesn't turn out to be as much of a giant headache as it was at Knotts.

Do they still have their top spin?

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 08:03:37 PM »
Yep. I'm too tall to ride.
SteelHawk to open tomorrow.

Willzillaross

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:26 PM »
I'll be the first to say it; "I don't know what I'm talking about".

Now with that out of the way  ;)  , I'm not excited about this new SteelHawk. I'm sure this addition is a smart move for WOF, but I just don't see how this will add much value to the park.  I think Planet Snoopy added more to WOF then this does. I wish they had spent the money on something else.  Perhaps clean the park up a bit, give TimberWolf some TLC, or even replace TimberWolf. Hey maybe they could bring back the old Steamboat!!!

Overall, I'm glad WOF still gets some love from time to time. I can't wait for the day they add something on the level of their sister park; Cedar Point. I would LOVE to have a Gatekeeper or Millennium Force  ;D.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »
Very little money out of pocket by WOF was spent on this ride.  Cedar Fair itself paid for the deconstruction and transportation from KBF to WOF.  They also paid for quite a bit of the erection costs at WOF for the ride. 

This was a very smart move for WOF, who was originally slated to receive a brand new one before all the issues came up. 

Besides CP and Carowinds - this version might have one of the best views of the batch.

TimberWolf is on a multi-year retrack project.  You can thank Hunt Midwest for how bad the coaster is -- they did NOTHING to take care of it.

The Cottom Blossom (steamboat) is long gone.  Are you even old enough to remember it?
SWOOSH

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »
I was staring at the spot of the old steamboat yesterday. I worked at the park during Timber Wolf's second year on opening day and remember it's first accident.

Will be hanging out at Oceans of Fun tomorrow but might have to jump on SteelHawk. The view on the 4th should be amazing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:41:20 PM by Sungod »