Author Topic: DID you see this.?  (Read 10234 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
DID you see this.?
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:42:13 AM »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: DID you see this.?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:57:26 AM »
Looks like this will be a fun ride.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »
the no track effect would be pretty wild I think.. Although the lift hills don't appear very tall..??  They may be, but the video doe not indicate it..

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
Now THAT would be a trip!! :o
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Cool Runnings! I mean uh, cool coaster! ;D

LadyDrifter

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
Oh wow!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »
That ride is five years old but still testing. Great retro concept. Talk about something that would theme well at SDC.  Knobles is the ghinnea pig for this, wonder how much these new trains for it has put them back. Isn't it all in house work on the construction.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »
I rode something similar to this at Opryland, many years ago.  I don't remember a lift hill, but obviously it got up there somehow.  It was smooooth.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
Looks kind of calm and unexciting to me. It might make it as a novelty, but is not something anyone would travel very far to do.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »
The part that makes it old school is that it's all wood and not steel like most in existence.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »
Looks kind of calm and unexciting to me. It might make it as a novelty, but is not something anyone would travel very far to do.

You get that it is free wheeling and there is a chance it could flip over, right?
That says a lot of things, but calm and unexciting are not part of that list.

As far as people traveling to go ride this.  I don't think you get the point of this ride.  They just don't make them like this anymore.  This is a major THROW BACK style coaster.  The closest you can currently get to this is an Intamin bobsled and even those are no where near the quality of a wooden trough flying turns.

But to each his own.  I get that some of you are just SDCfanboys and don't really understand the industry outside of Branson and even then it is very limited.  Which is cool.  Not everyone enjoys the industry and what is going on as a whole - some people live very narrow topics and are happy just following that.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »

You get that it is free wheeling and there is a chance it could flip over, right?

As far as people traveling to go ride this.  I don't think you get the point of this ride.  They just don't make them like this anymore.  This is a major THROW BACK style coaster.  The closest you can currently get to this is an Intamin bobsled and even those are no where near the quality of a wooden trough flying turns.

But to each his own.  I get that some of you are just SDCfanboys and don't really understand the industry outside of Branson and even then it is very limited.  Which is cool.  Not everyone enjoys the industry and what is going on as a whole - some people live very narrow topics and are happy just following that.

Dad gum, rough week of school so far? Can't even get them to march in a straight line? :P

I think it's cool. I think you could have said that the POV may not give you a true representation of the true feel that such a ride may give you.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »

I see you cannot even have a opinion on here without the self proclaimed resident Theme park expert trying to exert his holiness. Sorry next time I will bow to your feet before I put my opinion in a post. And for your information I think you should know someone personally before you call them narrow your holiness.   

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 03:43:17 AM »
NAW-runner 1960 (and even Chitlins) for that matter.  I think Swoosh generally means well, he is just like a fella that works with me. He has to be the victor in EVERY subject, and he (thinks) he is the example in every situation.  If someone doesnt DO/THINK -- "exactly" the way Swoosh does, then obviously they are wrong.  (well this is how my coworker is anyway and many many others are also.  Swoosh is actually very mild in comparison).

I have corrected him a few times lately (and several others have too). Truthfully though, aside arrogance and pride. We should listen to him (Swoosh). He may not have good forum manners, but he is up to date in the theme/amusement park industry. He deeply cares for this field, and has done his homework.

Maybe its time that we listen to what he says and try to ignore the way he says it. If he is anything like my coworker, I bet he would help anybody do anything, and give you the food right off his plate. (Still talking about Swoosh here).  He cares enough about us to give us a few facts instead of letting our own imagination go wild.

Keep on Swoosh. You are all OK in my book
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 06:06:32 AM »
I did some thinking on this.

First off, Runner, you call me out for the exact same thing you did.  You made it sound like if you didn't think this thing looks "meh" then (whomever disagrees with you) doesn't know what they are talking about.  I just offered an opposing viewpoint which gave support as to why that *might* not be the case.

Next, I don't have to be "right" all the time.  I hold back so much on here, just sometimes, some posters make it next to impossible to do so.  I try to let some posters run rampant with speculation and cock-a-manny ideas/theories.  Sometimes a post is just so over the top that I have to say something.  I work with kids 6-12th grade so forgive me if teacher mode kicks in automatically and I post a "REALLY?  No, seriously. REALLY?" response that is dripping in sarcasm.  If you've worked with that age group, you'll know what I mean. 

Finally, if you think I'm bad, Runner, do yourself a favor and don't ever post on TPR, Coasterbuzz, and MiceChat. 

Have a great day folks.
SWOOSH