Author Topic: SDC Food Choices  (Read 2146 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Food Choices
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
Hey Everyone!  I got an email from SDC yesterday answering a few questions about food choices.  The Skillet Sausage Medley and their BBQ sauce is gluten free!  Yay for me!  :) This might be good news to some of you if, like me, you are gluten intolerant.  I went thru this whole thing last year, and then it was decided that test results were false.  This time around there's no doubt - I'm both lactose and gluten intolerant!   >:(  No more apple dumplings or cinnamon bread?  :(  My heart is breaking, but life goes on!!!  Oh, yeah!  They also told me that a list of ingredients is available at each food location.  Go SDC!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC Food Choices
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. My father is seriously gluten intolerant, and I know how much of a pain it is. I can't imagine how much more difficult it is to throw lactose in there. At least you'll have your health to look forward to...

Keep us updated on your gluten findings with the park food. We've had a lot of trouble with it, and have to keep bugging them to be more detailed in their allergy information. The turkey legs at the wagonworks is always a good bet though, and I think the Mine buffet has some gluten free stuff (usually). We might have to start a dedicated thread/page for this later to help people out.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Food Choices
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
Shave, that's a good idea.  I can't believe how hard this is.  I thought I was doing great for the last three days.  Until, I found out the hard way that....Rice Krispy treats are NOT gluten free.  Neither is the beef bouillon that I used to make bbq with last night, and the Canada Dry Ginger Ale that I drank with dinner.  Holy crap!