Author Topic: Youth Week 2013  (Read 2098 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Youth Week 2013
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »
I have been hanging out with a different church's Youth Group recently (had issues with the group at my home church).
This coming Sunday is when I officially become a member of the Lighthouse Church of Pacific, Mo. I grew up at the Washington UPC, but when it's time to move on, it's time to move on.

ANYWAY...

This past week Lighthouse had what they call Youth Week. It's 4 days of teenagers worshiping God without our parents breathing down our necks (kinda awesome). Wednesday night was just regular church, then it was music/drama practice Thursday so there was no service, Friday was regular service, then Saturday is when it really got fun. We had a service with the guest speaker Bro. Matthew Johnson. Then after church, we had pizza and soda in the basement. After the pizza ran out, we went back upstairs for a little meeting-like-thing. Bro. Johnson basically just talked about how Youth Groups should be united and did a demonstration where he had someone stand on a Solo Cup (which crumbled as soon as it was stepped on) then had some volunteers stand a bunch of cups next to each other until they covered an area of space the size of a foldable table. They then folded the table legs in and laid the table on top of the cups. Bro. Johnson had several people stand on the table and the cups were very sturdy. The point of that was to show that if everyone stands together like the cups, we are a lot stronger than one single person.

First half of the people.

The other half, making it 9 people total standing on the table.

After Bro. Johnson left, our youth leader basically let us do our own thing... his mistake. We played a version of volley ball, I got nailed in the face and made fun of... we had a karaoke thing where we rewrote words to worship songs to see who was the most creative... I went outside to get my phone charger from my car and I got locked out in the cold while a couple people stood in front of the door and laughed at me, one guy said, "Sorry, we're closed. Not taking anymore souls today." (I left my jacket inside the church... ugh.) Then somebody got the idea, WE SHOULD MAKE A VIDEO!!! Of course I was inspiration for the first part of the video... people getting locked outside of a church. We shot this around midnight, 1 o'clock...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNWfMfTLR5E (I'm the one in the yellow scarf.)

Sunday morning was just regular church, then Sunday night was a few skits and a really powerful church service. We then went to Applebee's afterwards and took up half of the restaurant.

Good times...  :D

Sunday night videos...
Youth Group Skit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pcvQZmjOq0
Sign Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz0x2Qc_wE
(I'm not in either of the Sunday night videos due to scheduling conflicts.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:31:47 AM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Youth Week 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
As they say at the Silver Dollar Saloon looks like good clean fun!
I'm Your Huckleberry

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Youth Week 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:29:34 AM »
Haha, we try. :)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin