Author Topic: Branson Icon Peter Engler Passes  (Read 3954 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Branson Icon Peter Engler Passes
« on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Just saw on Terry Sanders Facebook that Peter Engler passes away yesterday.   Sad news for SDC and the Branson area. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Icon Peter Engler Passes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
AHHHH! This is a sad, sad announcement. A great one in the annals of woodcarvers. Helped organize woodcarvers in the Ozarks and get their products to market at SDC and elsewhere. Operator of the best woodcarving retail shop in Branson at Grand Village. He is a Branson/Ozarks Icon. God rest his spirit!  :'(
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:46:38 AM »
In my opinion, his shop at the Grand Village is the finest shop in Branson. Branson needs more places like it, and I just hope it stays open now that he is gone. For years, I had my eye on an original Peter Engler carving at his shop, but I couldn't get my wallet pried open. My wife got it for me for Christmas this past year, and now it has even more meaning.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
In my opinion, his shop at the Grand Village is the finest shop in Branson. Branson needs more places like it, and I just hope it stays open now that he is gone.

I hope it does, too.  My husband has bought many woodworking supplies in that store.  When I suggest that we have lunch at Grand Village and walk around he never complains, and we always end up in the Engler shop.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
I heard somewhere that Engler carved so much during his life that his family had a warehouse with many of his carvings, enough to sell in a shop for several years to come. Don't know if it is true or not.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
The workbench of Peter Engler.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
I heard somewhere that Engler carved so much during his life that his family had a warehouse with many of his carvings, enough to sell in a shop for several years to come. Don't know if it is true or not.

I hope that is true!