Author Topic: Celebration City Update?  (Read 3680 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Celebration City Update?
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »
So what's going on at CC property? What actually remains on the park? Are all rides sold and moved out by now? We know there will be no development on the property until the state/feds build an improved roadway on the west side of town...that according to an interview that Pete Herschend gave a year or so ago. Has anyone actually driven onto the lot and walked the perimeter of the park? Any photos from the last few months. I am assuming a security team patrols the property 24 hours? Any updated info is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:05:37 PM by Junior »
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Update?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
Last couple of times I was there the Gate was locked to the parking lot....

I will be down next weekend and intend to spend some time sunday morning taking pics oof tornado damage repairs, i will try to remember to get some shots of CC as well..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
There is nothing new to report. As we've discussed in other threads, the site will be dormant until they get a buyer  (which is unlikely in this economic climate and at that location), or they build the highway extension (which probably won't happen inside of this decade at the earliest).

What's left on the site is Roaring Falls and Accelerator (S&S double shot). The Orbiter (flying carpet) might still be there as well, I can't remember.

The site is kept from falling into complete disrepair by Herschend, but they aren't going to do much other than keep it from being an eyesore. I could see OzCat being knocked down in a few years when the wood gets really warped. It's already starting to look bad just because of the handrails.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
I am absolutely stupid about CC.  I have driven by it several times of course, but never entered in. 

I do know the one compact steel coaster has been sold to another park somewhere and lives in harmony there with many other coasters.   I remember seeing that coaster (either on TV or a website somewhere), it was advertised as "previously located at Celebration City in Branson, Mo".   That is the only way I know that it still lives.

Obviously you can see it is no longer at CC when you drive the srtip.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 08:22:13 PM »
I am absolutely stupid about CC.  I have driven by it several times of course, but never entered in. 

I do know the one compact steel coaster has been sold to another park somewhere and lives in harmony there with many other coasters.   I remember seeing that coaster (either on TV or a website somewhere), it was advertised as "previously located at Celebration City in Branson, Mo".   That is the only way I know that it still lives.

Obviously you can see it is no longer at CC when you drive the srtip.

Two stee coasters, one went to Wild Adventures in GA, the other is on a mountain in colorado.

I'm watching the Kentucy Kingdom situation, Hart sez hes rehabbing the woodies. If he's able to pull that off, there's a slither of hope for OzCat.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:16 PM »
You have to set the properties to public if you want it's to be able to see them
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:24:18 AM »
I udertsand some are having trouble seeing my Fb pics,,,  I am trying to upload to flicker...  will let you know when i get that done.....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
OK> try my flicker site for 10 pics of CC..

.http://www.flickr.com/photos/sanddunerider/

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
Thanks! Enjoyed the photos.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
Yes, thanks for the pictures!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!