Author Topic: Last year for KIDSFEST?  (Read 3905 times)

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Last year for KIDSFEST?
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:49:43 AM »
Just got our Silver Dollar City Times and it says "FINAL YEAR: of America's BIGGEST Kids Festival". Does anyone know anything? Fact/rumors?
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Last year for KIDSFEST?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
currently there there is nothing to my knowledge of rumors/truths. Just time to change it out and bring some freshness in. I think it will still be a family/kid friendly fest. Lets hope the charecters go away. And the extreme heat.  ;)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
Pssst.  If you wanna know what is going to take its place next year - check out the festival Dollywood has during the summer this coming season
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
Pssst.  If you wanna know what is going to take its place next year - check out the festival Dollywood has during the summer this coming season

Well...that must be Dollywood's Great American Summer - which doesn't appear to be much different than KidsFest.  Maybe it's just a change in names.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
I dont like the set up of DW website. I didnt glean much info but I am still lookin forward to something fresh! Thanks for the heads up swoosh
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »
Would SDC be open until 10:00 also?  Hmm.  And fireworks... :)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »
Would SDC be open until 10:00 also?  Hmm.  And fireworks... :)

Best start hopin' for copious amounts of rain cause fireworks will depend on this drought we are mired in. It will not take long for fire bans to be put back in effect if they ever got lifted this winter.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
True on the drought.  I was just thinking about the 4th last summer.  Our intent was to stay, but we decided to bail when people were being routed to the Expo because Echo Hollow was full.  How nice it would be to have many opportunities to see them.  We did enjoy Chateau's display, though.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
Yeah Im sure SDC will find something "kid friendly" to replace "kidsfest" with.  As far as Fireworks and the DROUGHT is concerned. There are communities in the very county we live that has put a ration on water usage just last week.  With the weather being as hot-n-dry this winter as it has been (well maybe I should have said WARM "for winter" and dry). I cant imagine the ban on fires and fireworks being lifted this year.

SDC open till 10:30 PM.   ;)  Sure would be nice. Im not sure how that would effect the show at Echo Hollow.  Especially Thunderation.   But those rides are thrilling after dark. That is the ONE nice thing about SFSL.  Now if SFSL had better coasters to ride afterdark.  :-\
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
I dont like the set up of DW website. I didnt glean much info but I am still lookin forward to something fresh! Thanks for the heads up swoosh

Trams, I don't like it either!  Too much work to find info!!