Author Topic: Thank you SDC Fans!!  (Read 3636 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Thank you SDC Fans!!
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
I know this is slightly off topic.  But I would like to thank SDCFANS.com, and especially its founder shavethewhales, for taking my enjoyment of SDC to another level.

First, I'd like to thank shave for starting and maintaining this forum. Without your hard work and money, none of us would be able to enjoy this forum

Second, I'd like to thank everyone who posts about their experiences here.  My family is not able to visit SDC as often as we would like, and reading others' experiences is a way to enjoy SDC vicariously.

Third, I'd like to thank sanddunerider for setting up the great discount at Homestay Inn.  Getting such a great rate enables us to visit SDC as often as we can; and Paige is great, even though we've only stayed their a few times, she's like part of the family.

Fourth, I'd like to thank extremeroller and swoosh for telling us about Coaster Christmas.  Our family attended this year and it was great.  If it weren't for the discounts for Coaster Christmas and Homestay Inn our family probably wouldn't have been able to visit SDC this year.  Thank you so much.

THREE CHEERS FOR SDC FANS!!!!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you SDC Fans!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:59 PM »
First rate, Parson!  I wish I would have thought of that!  I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone, also.  It does bring a new level of excitement to every visit by keeping up with the forum.  And, Rube, your "Where In The City" drives me insane, but I love it anyway!

THANKS, EVERYONE! 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
I do what I can Gilligan!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »
I would like to put in my thank you as well. Thank you for the time and input everyone contributes. And a huge thanks to Shave, for without you this site wouldnt be around.

And I have to agree the where in the city is frustrating and cruel.....but I love it so much! Thanks Rube for a great game.  :)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
We are one heck of a family. Thanks Everyone! ;D
Live life like it's the last day!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »
I've been apart of this site for a little over 2 years now, and it sure has been a blast getting to write and read about my favorite place. Although I have never gotton a chance to "officially" meet any of you, I feel like I know all of you like old friends. (well I have met Paige and Cherie!). Such a friendly site, that's a rarity on the internet.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
I'm glad I've made some really good friends on here!!!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »
I would like to thank Junior for his passion and preservation of the past history of the city. Also to Zephon and Swoosh ( even though he has been criticized lately) for any inside information they can give. And all members who shoot picture, video, or just leave their hearts for the city in this formum.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:14:10 PM by oldsdcer »
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
Thanks for your comments. I do love SDC, and enjoyed my time on park. I also want to encourage everyone to visit a Facebook page I have created as a tribute to the Hee Haw Theater. Just go to Facebook, type in "Hee Haw Theater" in the search box, and it should pop right up. Lots of photos and illustrations, and info about the theater. If you like what you see, please "like" the page! I sure appreciate it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Over the years I feel I have got to know you guys but I've only met 2 or 3 in  person. We really do need to have some sort of mass party at Homestay sometime next year.