Author Topic: New Times in the mail today!  (Read 10294 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
New Times in the mail today!
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Haven't had a chance to look through it much but I wanted to be the first to post about it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

One thing I did notice is it's printed on a slick magazine type paper now instead of the rougher thicker paper like in the past.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Times in the mail today!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
i dont think i received a "times" at all this year, last year i receiveid every copy...

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »
It's also on the SDC website under Schedules and Brochures.
I'm Your Huckleberry

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
I also received my mailer.
Interestingly they seem to be reducing the windows that you can use your BAF, even charging $20 for the Midnight Madness BAF.
However if you look at the 2 park seasons pass your windows are larger.  It seems to me they are really trying to direct people over to White Water.
Anyone else notice this? thoughts?

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:20:36 AM »
I haven't received anything yet this go around, but maybe it is on the way.

Of course The Times is really nothing more than one big advertisement. It wouldn't surprise me at all that they are promoting White Water, and other attractions heavily as the more places people go, the more money they make. :)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
Mine arrived! Yay!! Now off to read it! There are a couple coupons in it. Nothing exciting. But better than nothing!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »
Upon even further investigation: Found in bold print under KidsFest section: FINAL YEAR of Americas BIGGEST Kids Festival So what do they have planned for 2014 to make up for that "big loss"?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
I wonder if charging for Moonlight Madness is a way to cut down on the crowds. 'Cause boy howdy, it can get crazy busy on those evenings.

INTERESTING @"Final Year" of Kids Fest. I'm eager to know what their plans are to replace it.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
I'm probably wrong but it seems the two park season pass for SDC and WW is cheaper this year.  Does anyone remember what it cost for the 2012 two park pass?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »
I didn't receive the summer issue of the Times and haven't received the current issue, either.  Don't they want pass holders to benefit from the coupons enclosed anymore? ???

Speaking of festivals, I think WorldFest is for fewere days in 2013 than it has been in previous years.  Looks like more days were added to Bluegrass and BBQ.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 08:06:53 AM »
I thing your right bisuit,  looks like worldfest is 1 week shorter and BG & BBQ is a week longer..

ok wiht me, I like BBQ festival better, myabe i can scheme in a couple of trips next year..

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
I wonder if charging for Moonlight Madness is a way to cut down on the crowds. 'Cause boy howdy, it can get crazy busy on those evenings.

INTERESTING @"Final Year" of Kids Fest. I'm eager to know what their plans are to replace it.

It does say that the moonlight vouchers are all day and night. Previously they were good after 6 pm only. But, they were free.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
As luck would have it, I found mine in my mailbox as soon as I posted about not receiving it yet! :D

It does say that the moonlight vouchers are all day and night. Previously they were good after 6 pm only. But, they were free.

Good point. That would explain the $20 charge as a person can now get in from dawn to dusk with that price.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »
got ours today.
Live life like it's the last day!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
As luck would have it, I found mine in my mailbox as soon as I posted about not receiving it yet! :D

Good point. That would explain the $20 charge as a person can now get in from dawn to dusk with that price.

Sounds like a compromise for those sp holders that complained that the BAF hours were to limiting during that time.
We'll get two adults and two children and with that we'll likely bring 20 different people to the park that will spend money on concessions.