Author Topic: Ice Cream!  (Read 3300 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Ice Cream!
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Good news!  As I was standing in Hannah's Ice Cream Parlor, grieving over my loss of ice cream (I'm now lactose intolerant  *tear*), I was informed that Aunt Polly's and Cakes N Cones has lactose-free ice cream!  Woo! Hoo!  If you are lactose intolerant, head on down to one of those locations!  THANK YOU SDC!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
I knew they at one time had sugar free for certain medical conditions, but lactose free, WOW!

I cannot tell you the last time I had ice cream at SDC. If it wasn't mint-chop, I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. I'll deal with the tummy ache to relive the childhood feelings of eating ice cream in the middle of the day (as opposed to dessert like it was at home).

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Hannah's Ice Cream Parlor.. one of my favorite places to stop at SDC. They just need to work on hiring more people, lines are awful there sometimes. ;)

Btw, it is nice to see they added lactose free ice cream. I can't imagine what it would taste like, but it is a pleasant addition! Haha.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
How many do they have working usually?

I managed the ice cream/ custard shop, and on any given day had upwards of 15+ people running around working various jobs. We tried to keep our overhead low, but needed at least 3-4 registers along with scoopers (dippers) and toppers( added toppings mixed shakes etc.) totalling 15-20 every night. Granted it was not within a theme park, but I would venture to say that the revenue for the two are pretty similar.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »
Lactose-free ice cream isn't the greatest, but if you bury it under enough toppings it will suffice.