Author Topic: Mug refills  (Read 3383 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Mug refills
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
There seems to be a big scuttlebutt on Facebook about SDC not refilling mugs after this season. SDC responded by saying it's only the 2012 mugs, but it makes me wonder why. And how far is this going to go? Next year, the 2011's then the 2010's, etc. Anyone have any insight on this?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Mug refills
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »
I thought it was only certain mugs that weren't refillable, but I wouldn't know. I just drink water with the occasional sasparilla. I would drink more sasparilla, but they keep raising the price on that too.

I've heard the no refills thing stems from a deal with coke or whoever the supplier is to get a discount of some sort for the park.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »
I usually drink water also with an occasional lemonade, but the wife and kids fill theirs several times a day. Coke has been the supplier for a long time haven't they? I guess I could see if the mugs had Pepsi printed on them but as long as I can remember it's been Coke. I guess my next question would be if the park is getting a further discount on soda, you think that will be passed on to us? (yes, I know the answer  :( ).
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
The policy over refillable mugs has been unchanged for years. However, for the first time ever, the refillable mug is only good for one year, and at that year's prices. So I can definitely understand the backlash with this new concept. It is great however, that thanks to media such as Facebook, customers are able to voice their ideas, and preferences, and complaints so readily. Hopefully, Silver Dollar City will take this into account, and return things back to normal next year. Wishful thinking yes. :)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »
The policy over refillable mugs has been unchanged for years. However, for the first time ever, the refillable mug is only good for one year, and at that year's prices. So I can definitely understand the backlash with this new concept. It is great however, that thanks to media such as Facebook, customers are able to voice their ideas, and preferences, and complaints so readily. Hopefully, Silver Dollar City will take this into account, and return things back to normal next year. Wishful thinking yes. :)

I'm still confused on what's going on here. On one hand, I hear that only the 2012 mugs won't be refilled. Are you saying that from 2013 on they won't refill any mugs unless they're the current season?