Author Topic: Interesting development  (Read 6955 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Interesting development
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:22 AM »
HFEC's expansion into the real estate market was alluded to a couple of years ago in orientation, but this is the first evidence I've seen of it.

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting development
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »
I saw that sign over the weekend while I was in Branson.  Did not know if that meant SDC owned the property or if it meant the motel had SDC tickets for sale. ???

The empty lot across the street from this motel that SDC used to use for overflow parking is no longer empty.  A church is being built on the property.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:42:50 AM by biscuitcreek »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
I dont think SDC would put there name on a property untill it was brought up to standards.
What I remember that hotel is not up to SDC " code "

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
I dont think SDC would put there name on a property untill it was brought up to standards.
What I remember that hotel is not up to SDC " code "

;D ;D Looking at the sign itself tells me that the {property) is not up to SDC "code". ;D ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
I have a hard time believing that this would be a SDC property. Notch Inn is alright, but not up to company standards. Why purchase something that has been there for years and only done so-so business? Zephon, are you sure about this? I'd be disappointed to find this to be true...unless SDC is purchasing property in the Notch area for redevelopment at a later date. Walt Disney bought thousands of acres in Florida after cheap development occurred all around his park in California. I could understand the purchase if SDC were trying to purchase for more breathing room from the cheap development that has occurred from Indian Point Road west to Hwy 13 Junction at Lakeview (Branson West.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
I think all the hotels near SDC have the name on their billboards somewhere. This one just isn't large enough to spell out "Closest to SDC". Each line is supposed to be a different perk I'm sure. The only reason SDC would buy this place would be to demolish it and put in a parking lot, but they wouldn't do that now with the church there.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
My question is this:  Does that sign mean they have free WiFi <i>and</i> FREE biscuits and gravy?  or just Free WiFi, but they will also sell you biscuits and gravy?
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »
This sounds like free biscuits and gravy to me, but could probably change at any time.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
Probably have B & G on their continental breakfast...

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »
Oh the Notch! I actually managed there for about 6 months (2009) before the owner at the time bamboozeled (sp?) us (long story). I remember a few weekends when the SDC overflow parking was across the lot and they forgot to put out port-a-potties so next thing you know there was a long long line for the bathroom in the lobby. Well, one toilet was not going to be enough for the amount of people so I opened up a few rooms for everyone. I contacted SDC and they sent us a check to cover the water expenses for those days and after that SDC made sure there were bathrooms in the field. If SDC were to purchase this place, lots of money needs to go into it. Not sure who owns now but wish them the best as it could be a great property with some money & TLC!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:51:11 PM »
Yah...I don't know if SDC has bought the property or not.  It could, as biscuit pointed out, just mean they have tickets.  It just made me think...hmmm, could they have?
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32:26 PM »
I have always stayed in one of the condos over the past several years when coming to the City. It it is true do you think the may have taken over the management of the condos and the rentals?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
olds, i think we are in the agreement that SDC, has NOT taken over this property.. There are waaayyy too many unanswered questions..

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
olds, i think we are in the agreement that SDC, has NOT taken over this property.. There are waaayyy too many unanswered questions..

Man, the things I've read seem to indicate the Wilderness in the Smokies has been highly successful. Branson is begging for something like that. Welk is no where close to what those have turned into. Splash Country isn't either. With Herchend partnering with Gaylord in Nashville, it could lead to bigger and better lodging directly linked to SDC. That area along 76  would be prime. NWA made another top 10 forbes list recently. I talked to a business guy from Austin and he and others think NWA stands a good chance to become a major business hub over the next twenty years. That's good paying jobs. The University of Arkansas is growing at an exponential rate and has a great program set up to help graduates with start ups. In Fayetteville with university construction and private construction that's catered to the university there's 200 million worth of developement happening right now.

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
We always stay at The Notch condos as well (but book through private owners). I'm pretty sure the sign has been the same for a year... the "new owners" part may be new, but I'm thinking that might have even been up a year ago when we were there. There's a bunch of condos and cabins north of that motel. I would think SDC would be looking for something out on Indian Point that they could buy and upgrade.