Author Topic: Hotel Impossible  (Read 6762 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Hotel Impossible
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
The Southern Oaks Inn was chosen to be featured on the Travel Channels' show "Hotel Impossible". The show, hosted by Anthony Melchiorri will air Monday 6/ 4 (thanks for the correction!) @ 9pm on the Travel Channel. Located at 3295 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, I am excited to see how the Inn and the area in general are portrayed.

"Southern Oaks Inn: Branson, MO
Anthony heads to Branson, MO, where owners of the Southern Oaks Inn are in a power struggle for the hotel's leadership. From management to marketing to décor, Anthony must fix these deep-rooted issues in order for the hotel to survive."
http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/hotel-impossible/photos/hotel-impossible-southern-oaks-inn-pictures
http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/hotel-impossible
The photo on the homepage is obviously the Inn in Branson (you can see the Branson Belle on the poster behind the host)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:12:18 PM by rubedugans »

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Hotel Impossible
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
I love that show! I'll definitely watch this episode :)
(Monday is the 4th)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
Restaurant Impossible on Food Network I have seen...Hotel Impossible never seen, but in this case I will try it out!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
Restaurant Impossible on Food Network I have seen...Hotel Impossible never seen, but in this case I will try it out!

You're a step ahead of me, Rube, the only one I was aware of was Dinner Impossible hosted by Robert...somebody, a British chef if I remember correctly.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Along with being an artist, sdcfan, former runner, teacher, and as my wife says "collector of crap", I am a foodie... It is Robert Irvine! At any point in the day, we will either be tuned into, or watching food network.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
I definately made sure I watched this one last night! It was interesting since they are 2 doors down from us at HomeStay. I have talked a few times with Southern Oaks and did not know how bad it was for them. I was happy to see that it looks like Anthony was able to help them out and wish them luck this year. I watch the show quite often and learn quite a few things, the show is on both Food Network & Travel. He did a great job describing Branson and one of the shots they took from the front of our hotel (though not the sign) facing down SOTH towards Roark Valley Road. It was kinda cool!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
I watched it today. I was gagging when the blacklight issues came up. I would rather not know about that stuff. I know it happens SO much in the industry, but being a bit of a germaphobe just makes it hard to watch. Overall I feel they Portrayed Branson not as hillbillies and banjos, but as the live entertainment capitol. SDC came up a few times- both Powderkeg and Wildfire were shown, the train was shown, and I think that was about it. good luck to them, but when I go I'll be staying at Homestay!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »
but when I go I'll be staying at Homestay

I will not be swayed by the glitz and glam of a TV show either.
My allegiance is with Homestay

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
I didn't get to watch it :(
My sister was watching a movie at that time. I don't know why she can't use her own DVD player, and the cable in my room wasn't working, but I decided I'll watch it later that night when they show it again. Everyone had already gone to bed when it came on again, and the cable in my room still wasn't working. I looked online and couldn't find it :(

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
I'm with you, Rube!  Not only the blacklight, but admitting to washing the bedspreads only four times per year!  I was beyond disgusted!! My sister was a maid for awhile a few years back (not at Southern Oaks).  She told me not to use the extra bedding put in drawers - it's never washed and extra pillows are just put back without being changed. The first thing I do when I walk into a hotel is strip everything.  Blaacchh!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
HOMESTAY!!  HOMESTAY!!  HOMESTAY!!

I hear they wash the bedspreads at LEAST once a week! No expense spared there!!  AND they have SWBS (sexy wrapped breakfast snacks).... ;) ;) ;)

Just funin ya Paige! ;D

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
Actually we wash our bedspreads (for the rooms that have them......soon to be no more spreads, just scarfs) after every check-out. I started that when I first came on board, sure I get talked to about my laundry cost being too high, but I just have to! I hear about some hotels only washing 1 or 2 times a year so when I check into a place, the spread goes on the floor instantly and I won't touch it. Yuck!  :P If a spread has been used when in the drawer here, yep it gets washed too. The blacklight procedure actually has been used for quite a few years and can be a terrific tool for housekeeping if they use it. We do wash the pillow protectors as often as checkouts and then wash the pillows often as well. You just have to, this keeps things clean and odors out that's for sure. You never know what can go on in those rooms!  :o :o :o TMI I guess eh?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »
what happens with SWS stays with the SWS  ;D :-*
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mountaingirl

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »
Last summer I came down to Branson and had an expereince with southern oaks inn. It was hot when I went in and when
I got to the desk did not notice any credit card only sign.  probably missed it. gal at desk [saw her on show]  asked what
I needed.  told her I needed a room.. her answer was "you dont have one"  I said no. alomost  had a few words with her.
she got all info then as I was about to pay decides to tell me credit card required. we then had a few words and I left.
wound up at a dump down the street. should have gone to Homestay inn.

I can see why they are having problems due to attitude.  does not suprise me ::)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
I watched it last night/early this morning. I know why I always drove past without a single thought of staying... now I might atleast think about staying sometime if the owners keep up with everything like they say they will.