Author Topic: Steve Martin, and his Bluegrass Band in Concert  (Read 2275 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Steve Martin, and his Bluegrass Band in Concert
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
For those folks in the southern Missouri, and Arkansas area, comedian Steve Martin, and his bluegrass band the Steep Canyon Rangers will be performing live in concert at the Robinson Center Music Hall in downtown Little Rock on June 20th. As many of us know, Steve Martin can pick on a banjo with the best of them! Ticket prices are a bit steep, but I just couldn’t pass up this opportunity see the show. There will also be another show in Kansas City, Missouri on June 21st. ;D

Seats are filling fast!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B004891E85D68EA?artistid=1442456&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Martin, and his Bluegrass Band in Concert
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
I saw these guys last year, they are very, very good.  I actually think Steve Martin is a better banjo player than a comedian, but that's just me.  If you enjoy bluegrass then they are worth catching.
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Re: Steve Martin, and his Bluegrass Band in Concert
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
There's a YouTube video floating around of him playing on Letterman with Earl Scruggs. Pretty awesome. He absolutely can pick.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett