Author Topic: LOST  (Read 3661 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
LOST
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
Any other fans on here? I know there's at least 1.  ;) To be perfectly honest I never watched this when it was on network tv, but now that we have Netflix I thought I would give it a try and got hooked. I don't think I could have watched this one show a week and none for three months in the summer for 6 years, but I sure do love being able to buzz through 6 seasons in about 5 weeks. Please no spoilers as I'm not quite to the end yet, but if you'd like to comment good or bad feel free.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
I haven't been watching watching, but more listen watching while my roommate re-watches the series. I've picked up enough to form a general idea of what's going on, and more than enough to understand any LOST jokes that make their way onto my dash on Tumblr. :-)

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
Me and my mom watched this show and we loved it. It was extremely weird and difficult to understand but that is the reason why we loved it. I have seen the whole thing and I still cannot make complete sense of everything that happened, but i think it was a great show.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
I was this way with Firefly, Persons Unknown...both of which were cancelled but atleast firefly had somewhat of a finale. I tried Lost for a season and then got lost when they introduced a big black blob

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
I love it. I miss it. I need to rewatch it.

Fringe was filling the LOST void for me for a while, but I lost interest in it this season.

With LOST, it kinda lost me (he he) in the second and third seasons. Too many story lines that didn't go anywhere, well, that happened in every season really! But it was worth putting up with some dead end plots to get to the end.

There is a Youtube video that talks about all the unanswered questions from the series. It's hilarious. I watch it and I'll think "oh yeah, what about that 4 toed statue?!" (sorry if that was a spoiler! :)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
No not a spoiler. I'm watching the final episode now. I thought the same thing about dead end plots but I usually found out later there was a meaning and they weren't dead ends. Its a show that's not for the casual viewer as it does require your full attention. That's why I never could have followed it when it was on once a week but watching 2 or 3 in a row on Netflix I've been able to keep up.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
loved the show. hated the ending. don't get me started!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »
Haven't ever watched it!  But, I'm not much of a tv fan.  I have been watching it more than usual lately, because of my broken knee, and I'm getting hooked on Criminal Minds!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
Y'know, the guys who made LOST are the ones making "Once Upon A Time" on ABC, and omg, it is FANTASTIC. So people who liked LOST should check it out, because it has a lot of the same twisty turny kind of plotting and so many questions and few answers and OMG it's just so wonderful. And if you like Disney movies, you'll love it even more because they have references to the movies left and right (since Disney owns ABC).

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Aren't there very subtle references to Lost in that show also? Dharma logo, Geronimo Jackson, etc. Or is that a different show I'm thinking of? JJ Abrams was also the producer who did the Star Trek reboot a few years ago.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
Oh, yeah! The clock in Storybrooke is stuck on 8:15, Apollo candy bar a few times, the number 108 shows up a couple times (reference to the LOST numbers added up), etc. Those are the ones I personally caught. There are more here: http://seriable.com/once-upon-a-time-1-01-pilot-lost-easter-eggs/ But some of them are kinda stretching it.