Author Topic: Those darn vouchers!!  (Read 11506 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Those darn vouchers!!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:55 AM »
Has anyone used the BAfs yet? I am interested in the execution of the new procedure and if its easy or time consuming.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:27:56 PM by mhguy77 »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
I used 2 and we all got there at 9am and got right on thru no problem. Easy peasy. Told the turnstyle lady they were with us and zipped on thru. Got ID'd both days. That was the first time I had ever been asked for ID.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Used our BAF's for our neighboors and had to pay the $10 apiece for them but my daughter used hers for here 4 year old son and did not have to pay.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
Thats great! Glad the BAF's are working..!!!

I always give them my I.D. with my pass..

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
I used 2 and we all got there at 9am and got right on thru no problem. Easy peasy. Told the turnstyle lady they were with us and zipped on thru. Got ID'd both days. That was the first time I had ever been asked for ID.

I thought it had this all figured out but now I'm a bit confused. Why would the turnstyle lady care who they were with? I thought you went to the ticket window with your guests where they exchanged the vouchers for a one day pass. Then to the turnstyles to present the one day pass which I was assuming would appear to be just like a ticket someone had walked in and bought. Since you've already proven you're there with the guest at the ticket window, why did they have to ask again at the turnstyle? I know they ask for your ID as a passholder, but why your guests?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
They ID'd me and checked my tickets with theirs.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:02 PM »
^^I wonder if the answer to the question of ID'ing at the turnstiles is that some people arrive with tickets already in hand, therefore bypassing the ticket booths.  Also, there is relatively free access to the area between the booths and the turnstiles, around the waterclock and such.  It's possible that some underhanded deals could be made in that area that ID'ing at the turnstiles would discourage.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »

So are they not requiring you go through the standard line to exchange the voucher for a ticket and THEN go through the turnstyle?  Or are they just checking your id at the turnstyle??

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
Go through the ticket line to exchange then through the turnstyle. It sounds like a hassel but its not too bad.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
I am glad its not time consuming.  I do get antsy when I am making my way in to the city.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »
It does sound like a hassle especially if you have to get "checked" twice. If someone has a ticket from a voucher then that means they have been to the ticket booth with the passholder so sdc should be satisfied. Not sure what kind of underhanded activity could be taking place by the waterclock. I suppose you could go redeem your vouchers and then try to sell them between the ticket booth and turnstyles but I really don't see that being a big issue. Once again I don't see the need for double id'ing. Once the voucher has been exchanged for the ticket sdc should be satisfied and that guest should be no different than someone who shows up at the park and pays cash for a one day pass. Sdc doesn't care who they are or who they're with, the same thinking should prevail once the vouchers have been exchanged.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:09:46 PM »
WELLLL  remember........ the people at the turnstyle doesnt know who has been ID'd or not.....

They dont know if you are walking straight in form the trams, or if you have been through the ticket booth...

Right??? ??? ??? or not? or am I looking at this wrong..

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
When it comes to exchanging vouchers you need to go to the ticket booths with the people you are getting in and show your ID and Season Pass that matches the voucher.  You then can proceed to the turnstiles where you can enter with or without your guests. (Guest Vouchers once exchanged must be used on that day)  As for IDing at the turnstiles- if you are a Season Pass holder your pass says you may be ID, so you need to have it with you just in case they ID you.

It is best to arrive before 10:00am and after 1:00pm or you may have to wait in line.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »
So as I said before I used 2 BAFs. The people I used them on were back home in Joplin by 2 that day and made time to stop at Bass Pro.........I am a little peeved.  >:(

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
Home by 2 ???.
And stopped in springfield? ??? 
On opening weekend? ???

Thats what? like 2 hours in the park? ???

SAY IT ISNT SO!!!! :o :o :o :o