Author Topic: Those darn vouchers!!  (Read 11503 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Those darn vouchers!!
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
I know this has been discussed to ad nauseum, but I'm still confused!  So, we have TWO season passes and all the vouchers - I bought my passes early.  Can I use two vouchers at the same time if only one of the pass holders is present?  I will be the only pass holder, but I'd like to treat my sister and niece.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Those darn vouchers!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:52:56 PM »
I think as long as you are the season pass holder it doesnt matter. But I could be wrong, its been known to happen
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

joecorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
I did this last year and it worked great, but as they say on those stock broker TV commercials, "past performance is no guarantee of future success".

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Well since they have redone this program you can't just go through the turnstiles with a voucher.

You must take your voucher with the correlating Season Pass holder to a ticket booth first.  

If you purchased your passes together then they should all be part of the same confirmation number, this number is located at the bottom left of your pass and voucher.  As long as your numbers match you can exchange that voucher for a ticket.  

So if you have a pass that matches two vouchers for the appropriate date than only one pass holder needs to be in line with your photo ID and Season Pass.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:23 AM »
Copper, that's what I thought, too.  Hopefully, it will work.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
Cooper-
That is exactly what the lady told us when we bought our passes.  We made sure to be clear since we buy so many passes and we rely on the baf for other family members coming along. 
For instance we bought 10 season passes, but all have the same "serial number" and the baf has the same "serial number" so they are not a one to one relationship.

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »
Honestly I am glad they did this. It was wither that, OR the would continue losing money from people selling their passes.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »
It's not even just the loss of potential income from the sold passes, I'm sure there were a TON of issues we don't even know about from the black market that was in such force during the last few seasons. Everyone and their dog expected to get into the city for less than $25. That brings in a certain type of clientele for one thing...

I hope they can come up with a better solution soon.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »
I can't wait for the day when I can search about Branson on eBay without sifting through dozens of BAF passes. :P

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
I SOO agree Ozark! I know times can be tough, and this id the only way for some to get to the park...buy a discount ticket on the black market, BUT we are all going to lose this priveledge if is continued to be abused as it was. The powers that be will simply say "ok no more freebies!" and then a few bad apples will have spoiled all for us folks that DO in fact utilize them and do not abuse the system. A bit more furstrating I agree, but a small price to pay I guess.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
I def agree they needed to put a new plan in place, but...they should also train their employees to  be consistent. There have been many posts in the past few years, on this forum and others, from people discussing how they got in with BAFs w/o a pass holder.   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »
i think that they have the right idea, but maybe just went a bit far with the rules...

They should let the BAF through the turnstile with corosponding ((spell?)) passes...  they could have 1 "lane" that takes the passes, IF somebody tries to get in without the season pass holder.... they simply would be turned away..

As mentioned the employees need to be instructed and then held accountable.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »
Well it seems to be pretty consistent now- if you don't have a pass holder with your voucher you can buy a ticket or go get your pass holder.  Can you imagine how long the SP Only turnstile would be and then when the person that doesn't get in starts to yell at the turnstile employee and backs the line up even more, that would be crazy and a nightmare.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
you know the funny part is sometimes those BAF passes on ebay go for as much as a buy get one day free ticket.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
LOL!! you right jmc.. I have seen them bring 35-45.00 each AND they are 10 or 15.00 BAF'S!!!   how funny!!