Author Topic: Easter Weekend Crowds  (Read 2417 times)

scb74

• View Profile
Easter Weekend Crowds
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »
My family and I are considering visiting SDC over the Easter weekend.  Anyone have any ideas about the best day to visit?  I know Saturdays are generally more crowded, but what about Good Friday?  Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Weekend Crowds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »
I know that saturday they are having an Easter Egg hunt with prizes. But on the other hand I imagine alot of kiddos will show up for that awesomness!! ;D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
Since Easter isn't consider a "Federal Holiday" where people are off from school, or work, I predict the crowd levels will be about the same as most other weeks. As you mentioned, Saturday is the busiest day of the week, and Friday follows in at a close second. The weekdays are always the best time to visit for crowd control, but even the weekends are manageable this time of year.  :)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
We went Good Friday last year and had a great time.  The crowds were not overly large and we easily managed to move around and do everything we wanted to do.  That was the day we met Jack Herschend as he was roaming around the park.  He was very gracious and nice and we had a very pleasant visit.   We went back the next day, the Saturday before Easter, and there was hardly anyone there that day.  But, it did pour down rain all day long.  That's when it started raining and wouldn't quit for several days leading to flooding.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:35 AM »
We've been Good Friday that last two years and it has been nice. A good amount of people but not crowded. This year we will be there the Saturday before Easter I hope.
Two years ago we were there for the egg hunt and my daughter still talks about it. Really hoping it works out for them to be there for that.

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"