Author Topic: What will carry you through to 2013?  (Read 2875 times)

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
What will carry you through to 2013?
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
I received my season passes today and I would usually get my calendar out and start planning the year.  This year no such hurray.  The festival enhancements and new shows don't appeal that much to me.  Nothing really exciting going on at the park....very much like last year.

What is going to tied you over to 2013?  Is a spruced up and clean park going to be enough to drive the limited entertainment dollars that family's have back to SDC? Will the new shows be enough?  Will the hint of something in 2013 be enough of an incentive to keep people interested for one more year?  Or have we finally got to be point where me must see SDC for what she is...the Grand (but aging) Dame of HFE.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What will carry you through to 2013?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:17:09 PM »
The sights, sounds, smells, and atmosphere have always been enough for me.  Walking through that gate brings back childhood memories and recollections of trips when my own children were young. I think I've been there enough times over the past 30+ years that I could sit on a rock with a cup of coffee or frozen lemonade and just be happy that I'm there.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the way things are!  I don't like the modernization and the trend of moving away from the theme of the park.  But, I will have to accept the park for what it is, and I will continue to walk thru that gate for the sights, sounds....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
I for one will be going to our beloved city at least once a month throughout the year.

No big additions? No big deal to me.

Spruced up and Clean? yes, fresh asphalt, cedar trees, wildlife... oh man!!!!

Peace and quiet?.. YES! thats why I go..

New shows?, Big plus, but will have to see them to see if the PTB made the right moves.

Festivals?, I like the variety/scenery in the park each time I go.

Foods?. Love all the variety they offer for us.

So i guess the only thing to add would be.............................

18 1/2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
My family goes to unwind. As redundant as it sounds we go to a theme park to relax. The smells the wildlife and the atmosphere. Ahhh it is truly my happy place. Its a generational thing too. My mom went when it was just a spit of a park. I grew up there in the 90s and now my kid is enjoying the park too. Tradition. As long as they dont stray too much from what it was and is, a good wholesome christian value place, we are happy. There are not many places that my family can go where it is wholesome.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
My answer is the same as sanddune's!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
The return of the Salute to the Great American Cowboy; breakfast at the Mill; Fire in the Hole; Thunderation; taffy; etc!
I'm Your Huckleberry

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »
Memories - making picture videos for ya all to watch - going with my brothers girlfriend who has only been 1 time, possibly for 4 days in july - the relaxation - the cave - & knowing i have a season pass till 2013.

wanna keep goin'?  :D
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
I usually visit Silver Dollar City either in the Spring, or in the Fall. I skip Summer all together due to the crowds, and heat. This year, I think I will try something new, and visit during the Old Time Christmas which I haven’t done in over a decade. So it will be "new" to me! ;D

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
I'm not sure when I'll be able to make it back. Finances are tight and the job search continues. I'm still working as a contractor right now so it could be here today and gone tomorrow. I guess I'm just old. The new rides don't appeal to me that much. I just wish I was there.