Author Topic: good shows  (Read 4069 times)

eak3littlejohs

• View Profile
good shows
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
we r plannin a trip during sprin break n would like to take our kids to see a couple of show...we have a 15 yr old, 12 yr old, and a 9 yr old....what shows do yall think we should go n see

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: good shows
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
My favorite show is SIX. It sounds like they have instruments, but its all a capella. They sing songs from all different eras and different genres, and there is a lot of comedy thrown in. I think it is good for any age. I've seen people from 3 years old dancing in the aisles to people in there 70s/80s dancing in their seats.

http://thesixshow.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3ia5ug5qE

If your kids like horses, try Dixie Stampede. You get a dinner and a show! Its a lot of fun and some of the best food I've ever had.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:07:47 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
tiff your right!  another fun show for all ages is The Haygoods @ RFD theatre. red/hot and blue is fun also...

I wish the shows were all going at the city during spring break.

eak, to save some money call All Access Branson for your tickets in the Branson area. You can order them ahead of time and they will deliver the tickets to your motel.

To check on other shows and the dates/ times,  try Bransonworld.com

All Access phone is 417-332-2121

do you know where your staying yet, and what dates are you going.?

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
I've got to agree with Tiffany on her recommendations.  While I have never seen Six (they are at the top of my list of things I still need to do in Branson), I have heard only glowing reviews of their show.  Everyone I have talked with who went to see them absolutely loved them.   The Dixie Stampede is great as well.  My daughters (ages 14 and 9) just love that show.  They want to go every time we are in town.  Obviously we don't because of cost but if you have never been I think it is worth it.   I really enjoyed Pierce Arrow and would highly recommend it.  

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
I have to agree with everyone else: SIX is a fantastic show! I also loved the Haygoods in past years. I haven't seen them in a while, but I'm sure they are still good. Legends can be fun, depending on "who" they have at the theater when you go.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

eak3littlejohs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »
we r leaving the 16 of march n comin home that sunday....we r stayin at bransons best

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
Pierce arrow is a good show also,, i have not seen Six yet,,  We also like all of the shows at grand country. they have a 10:00 morning show called Amazing Pets, family would enjoy that,,  their 3:00 and 7:30 are different shows, but have good music and comedy.

Grandcountry.com

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
Not last December, but the December before it (my senior year), Show Choir performed before SIX and stayed for the show. After we got back to school after our big Branson Choir trip, none of the Show Choir kids could stop talking about SIX, and I was at winterguard practice about two week later and one of the girls came over and asked me what SIX was because EVERYBODY was talking about it. It takes a lot to make high schoolers agree on something, but SIX did it!

And I've been back to see the show 4 times since then! I even met one of SIX's sons at the show and we became good friends, until he went to CA for his Mission, but he'll be back in about a year!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:48:10 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »
I have yet to meet a kid who hasn't enjoyed the Dixie Stampede dinner show.  Even my teenage nieces who didn't want to go...until they went - and now they love it.  New this year is the lumber jack show.  Sounds like a good time to me!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »
eak, make sure you check my new thread about Homestay Inn,  you may want to reconsider your reservations....

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
If you get a chance go on the showboat. It was the best show I saw when I was in town last year. Pierce Arrow was awesome too (thanks, Paige for the wedding present) Dixie Stampede was ok, but I didn't think the food was all that good.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
Showboat does not start untill March 30th..

Pierce Arrow is a great show in fact we are going to see them this sat afternoon,

Until the PTB give us a bigger discount, I wont be seeing Dixie Stampede :) :)