Poll

While the crowd levels are fantastic and I applaud them-do you prefer smaller crowds while at the City?

Absolutly! I want minimal wait time everywhere.
1 (6.7%)
I am more for a medium sized crowd. (as long as we are not all at FITH at the same time!)
14 (93.3%)
Large crowds are the best ever!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Crowd Levels  (Read 5844 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Crowd Levels
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »
I am just being nosey and was wondering what yall felt about the huge amount of people currently attending. Who enjoys the huge mass of people compared to those who like it medium capacity.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Crowd Levels
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »
I'm sure we are all guilty of wanting tiny crowds while we're there and then huge crowds the days we aren't so that the park can do well.  ;)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
Its good when they have large crowds, but sometimes its nice to have smaller crowds. Every once in a while, I need to get away and not worry about being shoved and pushed around like with the large crowds. That's why I try to go during the week as much as I can.
Also with large crowds, there tends to be more teenagers and people who don't appreciate what the park is really about. During the week when its more older people, I don't have to worry about that.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
I've been to the park many times when there was virtually no one there and it just seemed.....lonely.   I really need to have a few people to compete with during my stay on park.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
There is an extra buzz in the park when a large crowd is there.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
I've been to the park many times when there was virtually no one there and it just seemed.....lonely.   I really need to have a few people to compete with during my stay on park.

I like when SOME people are there, but not hundred thousands like Saturdays in the middle of summer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:49:53 PM by tiffanylynnt »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »
I am a medium full kinda gal. I enjoy people there but not to the point I just cant enjoy anything. I like having enough room to walk yet have the frustration of getting behind a slowpoke. They remind me to slow down and take it all in! I dont want to worry about kids shoving and pushing mine yet have kids there for mine to interact with. There is a balance. I dont think I would enjoy 40,000 people in one sitting but soo happy that it is that way!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
I dont mind the crowd as long as i can walk around and enjoy the sights.  Lines at the coasters do not bother me at all, since i dont ride them..  But shoulder to shoulder while walking around  is a bit much.

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
At Christmas time, I like the smaller crowds late at night. There's nothing like walking the streets of SDC in the dark with nothing but you, the Christmas lights, and the Christmas music playing.  The rest of the time, I'd say I'm kind of a medium crowd person.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
OH!  excellent point parsons..  I also like to be able to walk the different paths around the city quietly take it all in....without all the people..

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
At Christmas time, I like the smaller crowds late at night. There's nothing like walking the streets of SDC in the dark with nothing but you, the Christmas lights, and the Christmas music playing.  The rest of the time, I'd say I'm kind of a medium crowd person.

When I was there a few Thursdays ago, I got seperated from my group of friends so I was wandering around looking for them, and it was after dark. I was all alone pretty much everywhere I went. I really liked it, then went over to Wilson's Farm and they were playing "Last Christmas" from Glee.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:23:25 PM by tiffanylynnt »

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
they were playing "Last Christmas" from Glee.

I only like the orginal from Wham! of that song. I'm not much of a Glee fan, so not sure if I'd like their version or not.

Speaking of Crowds: Congratulations to WildFire’s 1 Millionth Riders - The Holderman Family from Owasso, OK, who won 2012 season passes. AND, a BIG THANKS to everyone that helped us reach this record-breaking number over the weekend! WildFire coasts on through Christmas (weather permitting)...ONLY 7 days left to ride in 2011 - Dec. 22 & 23, 26-30.

So crowds should have been pretty good this year if they set a record breaking number of riders on Wildfire and still have seven days of riders left to go...

Jay

sjrogers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
I enjoy taking pictures of SDC and take advantage of the low crowd days to get some pic's -- but for the rest of the time I like a good medium to large crowd.  It's more fun!
Steve