Author Topic: The Pinkerton Man  (Read 10253 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: The Pinkerton Man
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
Just a couple of things to note about the new "The Pinkerton Man" show.

It will not open until the fall of 2012, essentially replacing the bird show that was in Echo last fall.  It is my understanding that the regular evening show will no longer be called "GAC Nights", but in all likelihood still be a country music and dance style show.

They are not actually adding another level above the Courthouse building centerstage.  If you'll recall, there has been a gray structure above the red brick section for a number of years.  Until last year, the speakers were located in it and it was wrapped with a scrim that sound would easily pass through.  In the picture above, you see the roof structure with the scrim removed.  It will be redesigned to fit into the set and accommodate the stunt show.  No one is sure whether the set will end up looking exactly like the artist's rendering shown on that BlooLoop site but it should have that flavor.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
It is my understanding that the regular evening show will no longer be called "GAC Nights", but in all likelihood still be a country music and dance style show.

On the KidsFest page, they are still calling it GAC Nights. I'm not saying you're wrong, but they talk about it near the bottom of the page. >>> http://festivals.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=21
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
I still have not seen GAC nights. I want to but yall know how the public/taffick phobe hubby is.......maybe this year!!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »
Tell him that most people leave as soon as the park closes, so there isn't as much traffic after the GAC Nights shows!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
he insists we leave by 4p to beat the crowd if we are driving and by 5 if taking the schudle (sp) bus....:(
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
Trams! I cant beleive you have never seen the GAC show..! to a newcomer the show is great, good music, good harmony, good comedy, great dancing skits..   and after GAC there is NO crowd to fight.  It is busier walking up the up the hill to the city square, but after you get to the trams/busses..  NO problem..
Go see it!  tell the hubby i think he will enjoy it, with No driving problems!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
It is my understanding that the regular evening show will no longer be called "GAC Nights", but in all likelihood still be a country music and dance style show.

On the KidsFest page, they are still calling it GAC Nights. I'm not saying you're wrong, but they talk about it near the bottom of the page. >>> http://festivals.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=21
That's probably right because I can't remember where I heard that.  Maybe I was just dreaming.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"