Author Topic: What's your favorite song for the 5 story Christmas Tree?  (Read 2692 times)

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
What's your favorite song for the 5 story Christmas Tree?
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
There have been a number of wonderful songs for the 5 story Christmas Tree over the years.  Do you have a favorite one or one that when you hear it outside of the park you automatically think of the tree? For our family it's David Foster's   "Carol of the Bells".   After our first time at OTC, we were in the car with our 3 year old son, the song came on the radio and he called out "The Tree Song".  Since then, "Carol of the Bells" has always been referred to as "The Tree Song" by our family.  So what is your favorite Tree Song?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite song for the 5 story Christmas Tree?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
Gotta agree with "Carol of the Bells".  My wife's favorite Christmas song.  Have you heard "The Bird and the Bee"'s version?  Haunting.  And, if they were to add a song I'd pick "Wizards in Winter" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:07:59 PM by Duelist »
I'm Your Huckleberry

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
I've always loved that version of Carol of the Bells. I like the 'new' tree, don't get me wrong, but for me, that song had a lot more impact with the original tree. I loved the large candles that were illuminated in unisin with the song.
Another favorite was the Hallelujah Chorus. I believe this was taken away when the 'new' tree came along. Once again, this song had a lot of impact with the original tree, due to the candles and the angles; it was beautiful.
I also remember when the large angel that is now at the Main Entrance to the park (parking lot view) use to be on top of the 5-story Christmas Tree.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
In this particular scenario (and just because it's my personal fav Christmas song)....if anyone says anything BUT Carol of the Bells, they just crazy!!!   ;D
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 11:07:08 PM »
Carol of the Bells is #1 hands down. My kids also identify this song with SDC.  2nd would be the Polar express suite. 

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
I love Carol of the Bells!!! There is a house that decorates for christmas in my town that goes all out with light/music show and its great. They have a radio station connected to their lights and the lights flicker with the music and Carol of the Bells give the best light show!!! I cant wait to go to SDC during Christmas. I keep reminding myself in about 3 years I will live there.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
(I finally got a data plan on my phone so I can post when I'm not home!!)

My favorite song is "Carol of the Bells". We played the Manheim Steamroller version in band a few years ago and I sat by a girl who's grandma works at SDC. She was telling me how that song reminded her of Christmas trees and knew exactly what she as talking about!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:44:54 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin