Author Topic: Black Friday at SDC  (Read 4619 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Black Friday at SDC
« on: November 18, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
found this on one of the branson website!..apparantlt the PTB are "pushing" this promotion..

http://www.bransonworld.com/news/a-sale-on-silver-dollar-city-admission.html

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday at SDC
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
So anyone going to go to this?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »
Sounds enticing!  Trying to decide if saving $10 on a purchase at the glass shop is worth fighting traffic and crowds.  I've been eyeing this green bowl all season.  Hmm......

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »
So i guess that is the other thing do you think this event will be very crowded

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »
It's been so crowded in the past, that we were stuck on Main Street with nowhere to go.  We finally inched our way to HH to escape the park.  It was a crazy day.  I don't really think they will attract anyone other than those who have already planned to spend the day there, but who knows?  They do have some decent sales going.  With that said  - don't buy my green bowl! :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »
its hard to tell how busy it will be.  it will be interesting to see the results.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »
Nice, the only day of the Christmas season my family can make it, and this will ensure that the place gets packed to the gills more then it is already. Oh well, since I'll be Christmas shopping as well I can make the most of it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:34:22 AM »
shave, enjoy yourself, and good luck dodging people!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
Yep, I think I'm definitely going.  I'll be able to put away my supply of taffy for the winter.  Now to talk the husband into it!   Any ideas on how to do that???

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »
Yep, I think I'm definitely going.  I'll be able to put away my supply of taffy for the winter.  Now to talk the husband into it!   Any ideas on how to do that???

oh thats easy,,  just let him  know what time the car is leaving ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
This sale ought to be wonderful! In some cases merchandise is heavily discounted. Can you imagine, two, that's TWO saloon girls for the price of one. WOW wonders never cease! (Ha! ;))
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »
my husband the public phobe would NEVER go for this. EVER! I would have to leave him home, hitch a ride to the city and shop all by my lonesome......wait why am I complaining that sounds GREAT!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
Love the idea for Black Friday ticket sales! A lower ticket price will no doubt encourage more folks to visit, and increase overall demand.

I still wish Silver Dollar City had an online store for their merchandise. Presents would be so much easier to buy if I didn’t have to travel all the way to the city for them.  :P

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »
Mark your calendar for the City’s Second Annual After Thanksgiving Sale on Friday and Saturday, November 23 & 24; 8 a.m. to Noon!
Admission ticket or season pass is required for entry. Promotions are available while supplies last. No shows or attractions and only limited food shops will be operating prior to 12:00 p.m.
http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=684

Anyone planning on going this year? How was the turnout last year? The hubs probably has to work on Black Friday this year, so I plan to go. There are some good looking deals there!! 
Personal highlights: 50% off all Peanut Brittle, Hard Candy Suckers and Sticks @ Brown's Candy,  $10.00 off any purchase of $50.00 or more of SDC Hand Blown Glass products, and Early Bird Special - 30% off all USA Made Baking Pans until 10 a.m. @ Sullivan's Mill.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
We will be there. We have been known to spend many a thanksgiving weekend in the City. Also have had a few Thanksgiving Dinners at Mollys Mill on Thanksgiving Day. Good memories.
You have a great past just ahead of you.