Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723970 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »
Sorry. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.
This week had been insanely busy and then I had the ACE winter tour at WOF today that I got to be the lone ACE rep at.  Really, I'm sorry the photos are not up yet.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »
SDC 2013 PROJECTS
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2013/03.16/

-Wild West Racers
-Frisco Refreshments
-Moon Valley Wax Hands
-Cokes and Floats
-Crossroads Pizza
-Huck's Hidden Treasures
-Silver Dollar Saloon
-Tin Signs
-Big Jack's
-Broom Maker
-and more (Outlaw Run)
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 25, 2013, 08:13:15 AM »
Great pics! I really enjoyed them and cant wait to get over there myself.

On another note, I am sick and tired of the complaining about OR. Good lord. I understand yall pay a hefty price for a ticket to get into the park. But complaining about line wait is plum silly. Complaining about how so and so got to put their stuff on a barrel and I had to pay for a locker stuff is childish. Its a new ride. There are bugs that need to be worked out. Everyone wants to ride the dang thing. Get over it. Your whining will not change the fact that there is a line and there are paid lockers. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHH!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

HikerDan

« Reply #1983 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »

On another note, I am sick and tired of the complaining about OR. Good lord. I understand yall pay a hefty price for a ticket to get into the park. But complaining about line wait is plum silly. Complaining about how so and so got to put their stuff on a barrel and I had to pay for a locker stuff is childish. Its a new ride. There are bugs that need to be worked out. Everyone wants to ride the dang thing. Get over it. Your whining will not change the fact that there is a line and there are paid lockers. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHH!

My wife and I actually welcome and have an understanding for the complaints and criticisms by patrons of places such as SDC. We love the place and visit quite often, but if people didn't point out things which annoy them about the city, and just constantly gushed praise all over the folks at SDC, then unfortunately that would simply give the green-light to nickel-and-dime their customers in the no-holds-barred fashion which the SDC leadership obviously craves to do.

It's a wonderful place to spend a day, but ya gotta watch where ya spend any money; and just show up relaxed when ya walk through the turnstiles because there's absolutely no guarantee that any of those thrill rides will be up and operating at any given time.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 25, 2013, 09:34:26 PM »
Thanks for the photos, Swoosh.  I didn't take so many. I get to SDC and forget to take pictures most of the time--easily distracted.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »
Awesome Pictures I can't wait to go!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »
Excellent pictures, Swoosh!  Yours are always very thourogh and informative.  Appreciate it!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 26, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »
Thanks guys.
I'll be back on park in April for World Fest
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »
good pics Swoosh. Thanks for the effort.
On the money note.  I used to HATE fees and piddly charges, but Im starting to understand them more. The IDEA behind them are good. I just wish they would pan-out as planned.  While I DO NOT want SDC to turn in to SFSL or even WOF. I really dont mind the locker idea much.  SDC is already tons cheaper than SFSL (if for no other reason-FREE parking).
--Now think about this. Since I used to work at SFSL just a few short years ago, I do know this. Every single day that SFSL is open, there are 2000 employees on hand.  If everyone was paid Min. Wage (which only about 500 are, the rest get paid more). The total payroll bill for a day (at min. wage) is $14,700.  If memory serves, the average weekend attendance at SFSL is approx 15,000. Weekday is about 3000 I would guess.  Now you figure all the season pass entrants (especially during the week). I can remember them saying that actuall paid attendance $$ during the week was (at times) was as little as $500 and weekends can be as small as $10,000
--Generally I remember them saying that (day-to-day) paid attendance on a weekly basis, very rarely did better than breaking even with payroll. Then consider power bills/insurance/maintenance/ETC.  These parks MUST throw extra fees and exhorbant food/souvenier costs, just to stay alive.

Now SDC is a bit different, because SFSL is a lightly populated park with about 80% attendance is season pass.  SDC is probably NOT that heavily populated with season pass traffic. Likely more daily paid attendance, just because Branson in itself is basically tourism.

And realize (unlike SF theme parks). SDC is basically by itself (Yes I know HFE has many attractions).   SFSL doesnt really make money, but SF parks in other areas do. (Like Chicago, and several in CA).  SDC must rely primarily on SDC Without having "sister parks" to help cover losses.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 30, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
Just curious- has anyone tried the Prickly Lime drink near Outlaw Run yet?  I think it's supposed to be a frozen lime drink with a hint of habanera pepper.  That sounded like an interesting combo to me.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 30, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »
Each SF park has its own account and  does not draw from other parks in the chain. Same with Cedar Fair parks
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »
"Now SDC is a bit different, because SFSL is a lightly populated park with about 80% attendance is season pass.  SDC is probably NOT that heavily populated with season pass traffic. Likely more daily paid attendance, just because Branson in itself is basically tourism."

I was told by a SDC employee one time that about 70 % of their attendance was season pass business. This was several years ago. Just wonder if this is a true number?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 01, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
I would think Swoosh probably could get the info for us.. (season pass holder percantage)..

Swoosh, GREAT pics!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »
Just guessing, but I'd say 70 percent from season passes is high.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 01, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »
I would agree with you junior.. 

I could be WRONG>!!!!!>>>>>!!!!!!,  but i would be surprised @ 50%.....