Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723020 times)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
I reached out to corporate yesterday to get any information I could on the activity in the park and when a pending announcement might be made.

Just heard back this morning. Expect something official this summer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
We knew that already ;D ;D!  Didn't we ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)

LOL,!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
Yep. Just wanted to confirm that wasn't just further speculation. With any luck at all, we'll be able to confirm with our own eyes what's going in this space, well before summer.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »
I would still like to see the Ozark Wildcat moved to SDC or put to use very soon.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
Just too cost prohibitive, given it's wood and not steel. Just wouldn't make as much sense as starting from scratch. It is a shame to drive by CC and see it just sitting there rotting away though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:34 AM »
Hey there backintime, I didnt mean it to sound like i was picking on you.. :o :o :o

My comment was meant to say that as usual the PTB did not give you a "real" answer as usual. ::) ::)

No offense intended.. :)

sanddunerider.

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2012, 07:12:34 AM »

Ozark Giant?

The Giant Swing-green
Old Robbers Shack-blue

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
Would the train be allowed to go under the above roller coaster? Or would they somehow re route?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Would the train be allowed to go under the above roller coaster? Or would they somehow re route?

There is a tunnel back there. Bet thats how they will get you under.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Sweet Mary's Tunnel? Not a tunnel at all. Just a wooden structure the train passes through so everyone has an opportunity to scream when the conductor tells everyone to.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
Even without a tunnel they would still alow the train to pass under it. They would probably but some kind of netting up to prevent stuff from being dropped on the train but there are other trains at other parks that go under coasters.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
^^^^^ No worries, SandDuneRider, none taken at all.  :D

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »

This arrangement could be done, and have a queue and themed entrance on the old robber's shack site.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
I feel pretty positive that the station will be in between the train tracks with the lift hill probably going over the tracks possibly out towards the stable? I don't really know which part of the valley they are going to use yet. I kind of hope they keep most of the ride closer to the maintenance area and away from the train route, otherwise it will be like riding through a coaster canyon instead of out of the city and through the woods.

I can't really picture in my head any possible layouts, since we don't have any original works by RMC to look at, or even any extensive renovations like Texas Giant to compare to since this will use a different track system. RMC certainly used some daring track elements on Texas Giant, but it was meant to be a high thrill coaster and again it uses a more flexible track system. I'm thinking this coaster will be more along the lines of Thunderhead's level of intensity, but probably less compact and with overbanks, hills, and wild transitions instead of focusing on cross-overs and sweeping turns. I'm pretty sure after looking at TG that they respect airtime enough to work a good bit of that in as well, so that's something to look forward to.

In some ways I'm kind of glad they aren't going with GCII, because if they were we could probably make a pretty accurate prediction of the layout even now. GCII is fairly predictable, but at least they do have a high level of consistent quality.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:08 AM »
I guess it's fair to say we can expect some innovation and novelty if in fact RMC is spearheading the project. Just curious what everyone's predictions/expectations are with respect to the overall size and scope of this particular coaster. Do you think HFEC will lean more to the conservative side and go with something on a compact scale similar to OzCat or American Thunder at SFSTL, or will they be looking to be aggressive with a larger more signature attraction like The Boss, Voyage or the Prowler? Obviously, they have more than enough land to do just about anything they want. Could they be looking to break any records, or become the first coaster anywhere to incorporate a certain element? Any predictions on the height of hills or drops? Would love to see at least one hill top or rival the first drop on Wildfire. Interested to know what everyone's thoughts are on all these fronts. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:11:34 AM by BackInTime9 »