Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723128 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1470 on: October 08, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
check here,,, scroll down, mugs are on the right side.:"::

.https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb.7656242602&type=2#!/Silverdollarcity

ttroyer210

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 08, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
Thanks!
Fire In The Hole!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 08, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
I'm not seeing anything - a row of short videos?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 08, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
Okay - got it!

crash

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 09, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
Well they still are not done with the track though.  If you see holes in the track then that section is not done.  They have another sheet of metal that covers the topper track. They are making a lot of progress.  I do not believe they will do a soft opening. But i guess anything is possible :o
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:27:42 PM by crash »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 18, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
SDC posted on facebook the new concept art for the trains for OR. They show they will be lap bar harness. When I clicked on the link for more info, it showed the 404 message.....does anyone else feel leary of the lap bar harness on a looping coaster?? I know it makes me nervous
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 18, 2012, 10:55:42 AM »
http://silverdollarcity2013.com/details/stagecoach-3/
Here is the concept Art!
And not at all there are plenty of roller coasters that go upside down with just lapbars. Very safe no worries!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:56:53 AM by Grapeslie »
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 18, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
picures came up ok for me.... but the art is a little lacking on detail!!  LOL!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1478 on: October 18, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
Awesome. They really outdid themselves with the train design - these will easily be the best looking trains the chain has ordered yet.

As for the harness issue, lap bars have been proven to be perfectly safe for looping rides. Shoulder harnesses are put on rides now for psychological reasons more than actual safety. They look safer because they're bigger, but in reality plenty of people have fallen out of shoulder harness restraints. Lap bar only looping rides have been around forever, and many looping rides that are much wilder than this one have operated without shoulder harnesses for decades.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1479 on: October 18, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
FYI. Aunt Polly's closes in a week. Demolition is to begin on or near Nov. 1st.

In other news, the south fence of OR area looks finished and Ribhouse is getting some attention in the dining areas.  New roofs, etc.  Tom's Fort is going to get some big changes for next season.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:28 AM »
Toms fort......changes? Why so vague? I dont think they will knock it down. But updating it for use would be costly......hmmmmm......
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 19, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
hmmmm....
I'm very intrigued at what is going on in that area.

My wife and I will be at SDC on Sat Oct. 27th. The last day of the Harvest Festival.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1482 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »
Most if not all of Tom's Fort is destined to come down soon. We already know the old ball pit and ropes course area is coming down for the new pizza place, the question is what they'll do with the tower that now serves as a lookout for Riverblast.

Removing the whole thing would free up a ton of room, but man will that area look a lot less dense. That'll be hard to get used to.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 19, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
Most if not all of Tom's Fort is destined to come down soon. We already know the old ball pit and ropes course area is coming down for the new pizza place

So it is for sure??!!
Man, idk why, but that really depresses me. Of course, I know that structure is not in full use as it once was. But my earliest memories of SDC are of that ball-pit and ropes above it. Even today, everytime I walk by that structure, I still expect to see the ball pit. Tom Sawyers Landing was my FAVORITE part of the park, and now there will litterally be nothing left of it.  :(  :'(  :'(  :'(
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »
I hated to see float trip, diving bell, and many of the shows like Rainmaker go, but progress is natural. I have come to the hard realization that unless the park grows and changes, it stagnates and dies. We carry with us memories of those rides and attractions we hold dear to our hearts because of countless personal memories. I remember the medicine show, Melvin the Chicken Thief Show, and many other things that are gone, gone, gone. Keep those scrapbooks and home movies of the old times, and share them with us here. The building that houses Aunt Polly's will soon be added to the list, and, apparently, the Tom Sawyer's Landing Tower. Look at it this way, that ole tower, built in 84, has been part of family vacations for decades of people, as the treehouse and Balloon Chase. Like an old friend they are gone but not forgotten.
Could you imagine what Branson would be like if Sammy Lane Cruise, Grandpa's Farm, Tanglewood, Wilderness Settlement, Mutton Hollow, and other old attractions like Jesse James Confusion Hill and the old wax museum were still with us, not gone to make way for what is on those sites today. No Branson Landing, Veteran's Museum, or even Celebration City. All of those, and many more, are now part of family vacations and memories of them being made today.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"