Author Topic: New " Its a wonderful life" Christmas show?  (Read 10742 times)

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New " Its a wonderful life" Christmas show?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
awesome i love the movie i also have too watch it every christmas season. i just hope they do it right.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
will for sure be a site to see... too bad we have to wait a year to see it!!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
yep but gives me another reason too go back next year,lol

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
In 2012...   "Dickens' Christmas Carol" will still be produced in the Opera House.  "It's A Wonderful Life" will be a musical, and produced in the Red Gold Heritage Hall...a challenge for a production show because of the building's deficiencies for theatrical uses.  The set designer showed me some sketches yesterday and it looks pretty interesting.  I'm not sure, but the Nativity show will in all likelihood return to a style similar to what they did before it went into the Red Gold, and take place at one of the smaller open air venues.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
In 2012...   "Dickens' Christmas Carol" will still be produced in the Opera House.  "It's A Wonderful Life" will be a musical, and produced in the Red Gold Heritage Hall...a challenge for a production show because of the building's deficiencies for theatrical uses.  The set designer showed me some sketches yesterday and it looks pretty interesting.  I'm not sure, but the Nativity show will in all likelihood return to a style similar to what they did before it went into the Red Gold, and take place at one of the smaller open air venues.

I loved when the Living Nativity was simple; not all the singing and dancing like it became at Red Gold. I remember when it was located behind the Wilderness Church and everyone sat on bales of hay, and the Angel arose behind the Nativity. It was beautiful, simple, and touching.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »

I loved when the Living Nativity was simple; not all the singing and dancing like it became at Red Gold. I remember when it was located behind the Wilderness Church and everyone sat on bales of hay, and the Angel arose behind the Nativity. It was beautiful, simple, and touching.
[/quote]

AS it should be.  In my opinion...

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »

AS it should be.  In my opinion...
[/quote]

I agree!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
I liked the Nativity when it first moved into the Red Gold, with the town of Bethlehem all around featuring Holy Land themed shops, and the island in the middle.  I helped built all that and I thought it looked pretty impressive.  The story was still the simple narrative back then.  But, I do agree, there was something special about it when it was behind the church.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »
Last year in Show Choir (yeah... I know), we performed on the Red Gold Heritage stage. Let me tell ya! The stuff the buildings were made out of hurts! We tried fitting 20 of us on that stage, singing and dancing, so we were getting crowded to the sides some. I got a little close to a wall and scratched the top of my hand against it. Ouch! I didn't hurt the wall, so don't worry!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »
I liked the live Nativity from the first year or two of the OTC. It was outdoors, and included a figure on some sort of lift that would rise up above the scene from behind the stables/ manger scene as an angel and also be the Star if I remember correctly, very awesome, but man was it COLD!!! I cannot even imagine being up 15-20 feet on a cold Ozark winter night!

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »
Aha, they liked my idea of "It's A Wonderful Life"!  But luckily they did not go with the idea of putting it in Echo Hollow. 
Vote to end 2020!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 05:39:35 PM »
the stage would have been plenty big enough, but might have get a little frosty/cold in the hollow!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
Has anyone read the story that inspired the movie "The Greatest Gift" by Philip Van Doren from 1943?