Author Topic: A kid's first time on Powder Keg  (Read 7826 times)

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A kid's first time on Powder Keg
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
This video will make you smile! It reminds me of the first time I road a roller coaster with my dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFcjy8dYWw8&feature=related

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: A kid's first time on Powder Keg
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
Well, it would if it weren't for the complete disregard for the park's rules and the safety of their fellow passengers. A camcorder to the face at 50mph would not be fun for the people behind them.

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »
That's what camera straps are for!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
Standing clear of the great park rules, and ride safety debate, I’m glad your son had a “blast” at Powder Keg! It’s still my favorite.

I love his reaction. He seemed a bit intimidated at first, but then grew to love of the ride in just a few split seconds.  :)

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
Just double-checked - that's not my kid.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Okay then, that random kid on YouTube sure had a great time. ::)

sdcDave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
Earlier this year there were some girls a few cars up in front of us.  They were trying to take a picture of themselves I guess and needless to say, their camera whizzed right by our heads.  We got lucky on that one!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »
holy crap that would suck. I would be soooo mad at that person should their illegal picture taking contraption smacked me in the head.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how they did this. The dad (or whoever is next to him) can't be holding it. It's either got to be strapped on the back of the headrest in front of him, or somehow strapped on the lap bar. Either way a ride attendant should have been able to see this pretty easily. He's got it on and filming before the ride starts, so I don't see how someone didn't catch that.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
The dad is holding it out in from of him, probably with a camera strap around his wrist. He kept his arm stretched out during the whole ride. They were already outside of the loading area so the attendants couldn't do anything about it, but they probably said something to him after the ride.

I'm kinda sad about the reaction this video got; I thought everyone would be excited to see this boy's reaction on PK. I reckon we need to remain advocates of park rules, especially because of those dumb girls who didn't have the camera strapped to their person. Technically, it wouldn't be a loose article - just a fancy bracelet. (<-- This is a sarcastic comment!!! Is that clear?? Okay, good!)

I'll stop stirring the pot now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:10:48 PM by haytater »

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
I really wasn't trying to cast stones, the kids reaction was pretty cool. I was just trying to figure out how he shot this without being seen. It didn't really look like his arm was stretched out far enough to be taking the vid, but maybe it was.

Please, continue stirring. A stagnant pot quickly spoils. :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:24:55 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
i think the video is great! i still make faces like that all the time.
as for getting a camera on the ride? i used to do it all the time with one of those cheap Kodak instant throw-away cameras, just put it in ya'r waist line, or wear clothes with lots of pockets. look at digital cameras now, they are even smaller. i wonder if they would let ya do it if ya asked first? getting a "talking to" after ya get back wouldnt be no big deal, the damage has been done & ya have ya'r footage anyways.
but you are right,, please dont lose control of it & hit someone in the head.
sorry, i'm good at turnin' the stove on & walkin' away................
Live life like it's the last day!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »
it is a great video of a kids ride on PK. It was a good find and I am happy that you shared it with us!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
It is a cool video. Sorry for being all negative, but loose articles on rides are a serious issue for parks no matter how trivial it seems. One little mishap can damage somebody for life. That's why most parks are so adamant about loose articles, and most fan sites ban members who post photos/videos taken on ride without permission. If you are caught taking out a camera on a ride they won't just be getting a "talking to", they may end up filing criminal charges against you.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
ahh, dont worry ya all, i dont do it anymore. if i lost our $400.00 camera, MY WIFE would ban me from the park! i enjoy making videos from SDC & our auto racing adventures, i would not jepordize that.
Live life like it's the last day!