Author Topic: Car Cruise Weekend  (Read 3374 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Car Cruise Weekend
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »
Just a reminder this is car cruise weekend in Branson.  Shepherd of the Hills has a big to-do going on for the cruise, and traffic will be very slow all through Branson this weekend.

More details in this article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_f226f93e-c2d7-11e0-bc26-001cc4c03286.html

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Car Cruise Weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
I have been several times by accidEnt during this weekend and it was so bad. It took over 2 hours to get from the landing to Indian point. Never again.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:53:28 AM »
Last year we were in town when the car cruise was underway. It did not bother me. I am used to Branson traffic. My wife however was not pleased. Our motel was full of cruisers and cars. They were sometimes loud late at night. The parade went right down Shepherd of the Hills Parkway, where we stayed. We were in our motel room and in bed while it was going on. So, in order to make the wife happy, we will probably avoid Branson during car cruise weekend.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »
I own a classic car, though not a muscle car, I am a HUGE car fan, but not when it means I cannot sleep because of the excessive noise at night as Junior mentioned.

I did find it great though to see that many people come together for a cruise, I have never seen a parade in Branson, but this is as close as it gets on 76. Chairs set up at every free spot on the strip to watch the cars. people doing burn outs, revving engines etc. did however mnake for long waits for food in town...once you got there!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
Ah, yes the car cruise. Branson Police’s favorite time of the year! :D

The car cruise is wonderful event, but the back roads will definitely become your friend.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
The midnight car cruise was apparently a success. It does make for a long, loud night for those staying on the strip.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
i was all hyped up to watch the cruise/parade on the webcam branson has at 76/SOTH...  BUT it was NOT working..  :( :( 

Dissappointed, I thought that would be  kind of different..

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
It was cool, but shorter this year. I had about 4 guests that were not able to participate (they got caught "show-boating" a little). Supposed to have about 400 cars? Don't think so. The fine we were told for "show-boating" was $1500 this year? Last year only $300 and then not able to do the parade. Was a little surprised as all the hotels but 3 had rooms available on Sat night. Plus the weather channel said on Friday that Branson was going to have heavy storms/hail on Sat so quite a few of us had cancellations last minute because the guests did not want to bring their cars if that was the case.....the weather was fine on Saturday. Thanks again weather channel....geese!  :( Still, the city needs to let up and let the cars have fun just like they used to do, worried that more and more people will quit coming because of the "restrictions". They close the road so what is the big deal?  ???