Author Topic: Thanks SDC for Moonlight Madness  (Read 6478 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Thanks SDC for Moonlight Madness
« on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
This made my two days (Sun and Tues) at the park very much bearable. The girl rode powderkeg for the first time and in the dark. Sweet!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks SDC for Moonlight Madness
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
How were the lines for the rides?  Moonlight Madness has the same scenario as Spring Break Days because most of the shops are closed and there's very few shows going on.  That can make for some pretty long wait times on the rides.
I'm Your Huckleberry

cocodane3

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
When I went last Tues the line for wf was only 2 mins pk was prob 30  TNT 0  so I didn't think it was that bad. when I went back to the city on thur there was only 4,600 people on park at 3:15.  It was nice to not have to wait in line. Pk was closed till 11.30 due to maintenance

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
I’m glad to hear that everyone had such a great time! Was there any out of theme music at all?

sparkles2179

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
Well I want to say thank you to SDC period.  Because of SDC my little boy's eyes light up when we see an SDC commercial on our local tv stations.  It was only 7 days ago and him and I both want to go back.  Totally gonna try to get passes next spring.  I grew up playing there every other weekend on average and I want my kids to have the same memories as I do.  I get so caught up in my thoughts and feelings and memories when I talk or even think about SDC.  My entire family had passes (close to 20 of us at the time.)  I have memories of my dad (whom passed away this past winter) and I there.  I also have memories of my granddad and I there (he's been gone 6 years this month.)  My other grandad used to go with our big family groups back before his brain tumor and stroke.  Now it's almost impossible for him to go even in his electric wheelchair.  (By the way we still have him)  SDC is so special to me.  I am glad to have a place to take my children that I know will be a positive place for them and we can all have fun together just like I did when I was young.  So yes thank you Moonlight Madness but more so thank you SDC for everything you have given me and family.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »
Get your season passes before Jan 1st  for the most perks like take friend for free passes.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »
It was still 108 here in OKC at 10:30 last night, how hot has it been at moonlight madness.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
During the couple hours we spent after 5 last weekend, most of what we heard was at least modern.  Some very out of theme stuff during the day even.  The Homestead Pickers dealt with it by chosing a loud and fast last number to compete   ;)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »
During the couple hours we spent after 5 last weekend, most of what we heard was at least modern.  Some very out of theme stuff during the day even.  The Homestead Pickers dealt with it by chosing a loud and fast last number to compete   ;)

So it isn’t so! There are lots of popular songs out today that have be remade with a bluegrass cover. I would much rather Silver Dollar City use something like that than the blasted modern music. >:(

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
HAYSEED DIXIE!!! ROFL  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:55 AM »
So are they playing any 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg at Moonlight Madness, or is it simple things like the Bunny Hop and Elvis songs? Last year I heard many people complain about the music on this thread! So how has the music been this year at MM?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:04 AM »
50 cent?  snoop dog?

What are those junior?  is that some kind of disease? is it curable>

LOL...

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
Well...it is some kind of disease, but I won't go any further.... :o
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
 :D :D :D  Now that was FUNNY!!,  i dont care who you are!!!!!    :D :D

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
We havent ever been to moonlight madness, my kids (or honestly me) dont stay up that late.
But I have a question about the music complaints...
Where do you hear music at the park?
I know you hear it in the ride lines but I dont feel like I am in there long enough that music sets the tone for the day.

Am I just missing something?  Because I feel like I am. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"