Author Topic: Request for prayers!!!  (Read 12062 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Request for prayers!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »
With God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE....All things work to the good of those who love him....Just a couple of my favorite scriptures during trying times...We have a God that loves us, cares about us, and has promised us great things when we rely on HIM...It's by HIS stripes we are healed...My family and church family will keep Clayton in our prayers...
Colorado SDC Fan

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
THANK YOU everyone. We still don't know any more than we did. We did get an appointment with a neurologist in Springfield that is earlier than the on in KC so we will be going there on the 25th of this month. Hopefully we can get some answers. Once again Thank You All for your support and well wishes!!!!!!! Robert
KANSAS CERTIFIED EMT, AND FRIEND TO THE PARK FOREVER

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Sometimes it just takes a little extra digging to find the answer you are looking for. It’s good to know that everything has been set into motion, and that plans are being made to further investigate the matter. Thanks for taking the time to share the update.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
Thanks for the update! Prayers and hopes going out for your family
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
Keep us in the loop! I send my best wishes and hopes! ;)
Andymeets1880s

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »
Just wanted to let you know we are still thinking about Clayton and your whole family. 
God will be holding your hand. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »

Hello EVERYONE, I just wanted to let you all in on the results of our trip to the neurologist today. First of all I was mistaken about who we were going to see, it turns out that the guy we saw was not only a neurologist but also the areas only pediatric neurosurgeon. so that gave me a bit more confidence in his findings. Any how he came in and told us that he was still not exactly for sure what the abmomality showing on the scans were, but that he could say with a 95% probability that it was NOT cancer. He said that it could still be a tumor but it was not a cancerous one as it showed no mass and did not light up the MRI like a cancerous area would have. He said if it was a tumor that it was of the type that was so slow growing that the person could go 15 to 20 years without even knowing they had one unless it was found while something else was being looked for. He told us that in his opinion it was not something that he felt prompted an immediate surgical intervention. He said that had we just brought the MRI results(images) to him and not told him that they were of two diffrent scans he would have thought that someone had just made a copy of the first one and that he had two of the same scan because there was absolutely no change from the first one to the second. So his recommendations were to see a regular neurologist to rule out some other issues that might be causing the behavior issue that prompted our first MRI. He said as the abnormality was not pushing down on the brain he felt that it was not the cause of the behaviors, but that he could be suffering from a type of migraine syndrome that causes a person to have mood changes, or that he could be suffering from a type of seizure disorder that manifests itself as behavior rather than the jerking typical of a seizure people are more familiar with. So along with those recommendations he also wanted to do another MRI in about 3 months to compare with the first two. If no change then we would wait another 3 months and look again if that one was good then we would go to 6 months and then once a year. He even told us that as long as he took the proper normal percautions that he could join his friends in the great american past time of Football, well mini football anyway. He also said for us to let him be the kid he was before this whole thing started with only the restrictions a normal parent would put on their child to keep them safe. So to sum it all up WE ARE VERY HAPPY HERE IN BOBBERLAND. I want to Thank each and every one of you for your support and prayers. I know we aren't out of the woods totally yet but a great big mountain has been overcome and your prayers and faith have all played a big part of that. Once again THANK YOU!!!!!! Love ya Guys, Robert "Bobber" Burton and Clayton and Family 

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
That's great news bobber!  We'll keep on remembering Clayton.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
Thats Great!  It is always nice to get or gear some good news, with things the way they are now...

CONGRATS!

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
So glad to read that.  Hopefully the other issues can be resolved soon as well.

I'll keep Clayton and your family in our prayers.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Well, strike up the band! That's great news! Continued good wishes and the best that all future tests will come up roses.

Ahh...medical news....the one time when NEGATIVE is a good thing!

;) :D ;D
Andymeets1880s

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
Thank God it's not cancer! Can't imagine how scared you've been.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
God bless and all best wishes.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »
Well all we could use some more of those prayers. We just had the 3 month MRI yesterday and it is showing some changes. The radiologist is now calling the spot a lesion. Still doesn't show to be cancerous from what we are reading from the report. Wife is going to call neurologist on Monday to see if we need to come in earlier or wait for our appointment on the 18th. Hopefully he can make more sense out of the images and hope we can save our little guy from having to have surgery for a biopsy. Thanks again for all your kind words in the past and now we just leave it up to the man upstairs, to whom I pray to daily , to get us through this next challange. Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted.

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »
I'm sorry too here that, i will add your family to my daily prayer.