Author Topic: Trip to White Water planning  (Read 5649 times)

mrodmoreno

• View Profile
Trip to White Water planning
« on: June 29, 2011, 08:17:16 AM »
Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of shade at White Water. I mean besides the Cabanas. They are a little expensive. We have a baby and I want to make sure there is somewhere in the shade we can stay all day without having to rent a cabana. Thanks for your help.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to White Water planning
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
this may or may not help you..

http://www.bransonwhitewater.com/

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:01:48 AM »
Its tough, for some reason they never put in the trees of the plants to shade the park.  I would take the strongest sun block you can get for that child.  My routine is to get there at opening and leave by 2.

mrodmoreno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
Thanks for your help. I've tried looking on the internet to get an idea of what the park actually looks like. The map on the website only shows a layout. I wish they would post more actual photos.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »
I haven't been there in a few years, but I doubt much has changed in terms of shade - there wasn't much of it when I was there. I think they try to limit the amount of shade foliage both to reduce the amount of stuff that gets in the water and to drive up demand for cabanas. I wish they had more of the long awnings like most parts used to, but don't expect much. If there are any awnings to hang out at, they'll be down by the big kid's play fort.

Don't expect to be able to dump all your stuff in one place and leave it though, I have a feeling they prevent people from doing that in order to sell more lockers/cabanas, and to prevent the shaded areas from being taken over all day. If one of you stays with the baby in the shade, it probably won't be an issue.

Hope you have fun. Let us know how it is, we don't get many reports from White Water.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
There is some shade in the form of canopies.  However, it is really hard to get a spot as they are not numerous.  It will be extremely hot.  Sunscreen every 30 minutes.  Drink lots of water. 

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
I am surprised the park hasn’t thought about setting up rows of canopies, and tents that are “pay for use.” ;)

Just teasing! Bad idea. :-X

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »
Depending on the day you go and the weather outside, you may or may not be able to easily find a canopy.  We went yesterday, and the weather was a bit rainy and cloudy in the morning, but turned out to be a nice day in the afternoon.  The parking lot wasn't even half full.  But we've gone in the past on days when it was difficult to find a spot in the shade at times.

mrodmoreno

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »
Update on our visit on July 2nd

We tried to get to White Water as soon as they opened, but we didn't make it. We got ther about 10:20. Well those twenty minutes sure did make a difference all the chairs under the canopies were taken. Luckily we were able to find a couple of chairs and drag them under a tree next to the smoking area. I wasn't to thrilled about sitting next to the smoking area with a 3 month old baby, but there was a pretty good breeze going and I didn't smell the smoke for the most part. The shade started to shift and we had to find another area to keep the baby out of the sun. We found some open chairs near the entrance to one of the slides that someone had dragged under the shade and used those for a while. My poor baby was miserable because it was so hot. My mom ended up taking her back to the motel so we could enjoy the park with the other kids. All in all it was a good trip except for the fact that my baby did get some sunburn on her face. We paid over $40 a ticket  you would think that they would have more shaded areas. I could not fathom paying $100 to rent a cabana, I might pay $50. All in all it was a good trip.  :D

-Make sure you take advantage of the free water instead of buying bottled water.
-Water shoes come in handy although they do make you take them off on most of the water slides. (My son and I both had to visit first aid for scrapes on our toes)