General Category > Branson Talk

Sims Family that used to own Compton Ridge

(1/3) > >>

thelarsonsix:
Does anyone know these folks? I know Dean died last year or year before but was wondering if Vinita, Jeff and Susie are still around.

Avalanche04:
I do know the family very well. And was unaware that dean had past away. Last spring 2010 we had run into vinitta at walmart lol. Anyway she said dean had been sick and wasn't doing well. As far as jeff he is doing as good as one can after his son past but doing fine. Now I have a question for you. We may have crossed paths there since Compton ridge is the only place we ever stayed at when we went to branson. So how long have you been going there? Me? I have been staying ther since the early 70s

thelarsonsix:
We've only been going for the last 10 years or so. Spent probably 4-5 seasons with the Sims family. The last time we were there under their ownership, Jeff was hauling boxes out of the office and all the Moose heads had been taken down. Didn't dawn on me at the time what was going on but found out soon after it had sold. Was not pleased with the new owners, and it wasn't just me they were horrible. We had just about written it off when it sold again and seems to be back in good hands now. Do you know the new owners at all?
We do camp other places in Branson, but still hit Compton Ridge 4-5 times a year so it's quite likely we've been there at the same time. If you have any pics from the earlier days, I would love to see them. Somewhere on here I've posted a pic of a postcard from the 70's that shows what is now the indoor pool as the outdoor pool.
I've also always wondered what happened to Brandon. I could never find anything out other than after he returned from the service he was killed but I don't know how. If it's something you'd rather not post publicly pm me. If it's something they want to keep completely private I understand that as well. I'm pretty sure they were grooming him to take over and his death ultimately led to the sale.

Avalanche04:
I do have some Pictures but as of right now my computer is in the shop. But as soon as I can I will post some I am for now using my I phone for a comuter lol We have not been back there since the summer they sold it. Like you said i have heard nothing but bad things from the first new owners. But I also have heard that the second new owners have brought back the good ol family type of camping. I do know what happend to Brandon and i will pm you with the details. Out of respect of the family, it's nice too meet someone on here that shares knows how Compton ridge really was.

Avalanche04:
there was always alot to do at compton ridge. seemed like i was never at the camp site other than to sleep and eat. i do wish i had all the money i spent in the game room. lol do you remember the old tree house that stood right behind the tennis court? wow i can spend hours talking about that place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version