Author Topic: Season Pass Holder Special  (Read 6393 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Season Pass Holder Special
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »
Just saw this on SDC website:

Exclusive Season Pass Holder Ride Time!
Silver Dollar City Season Pass Holders can have even more fun during our Exclusive Season Pass Holder Ride Time, June 4 - 10, 2011, from 8:30 - 9:30 AM! During these 7 days Season Pass Holders get all of Silver Dollar City's rides to themselves for a whole hour before the park even opens!

So, bring your Season Pass and get a head start on adventure!

I'm Your Huckleberry

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Season Pass Holder Special
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Thatsa really cool thing. Unfortunately I was just down last week, and cannot make another trip just yet. I guess they are trying to fill in the gap of guests between Bluegrass & BBQ and KidsFest...Anything they can do to get them in the park right?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
That's what it sounds like.  I think they did this for one day last summer.  I'd have to ride the rollercoasters before I eat breakfast that early or it wouldn't be a pretty site.
I'm Your Huckleberry

cocodane3

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
That stinks I will be there during this time with my FFA chapter but I don't think my sponsor will let me go considering the whole chapter dosnt have season passes and likes to sleep in. And arent OCD for SDC.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Tinmann and I did that last year, and we got stuck on Powderkeg. By the time we got down, the park was open and we basically didn't get the chance for any true ERT.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
sounds great! and guess what?? I will be there monday anyway!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
Interesting, sounds like they're testing out passholder perks similar to what many other large parks have done. A number of the Cedar Fair and SF parks offer early ERT for pass holders like this I believe.

cocodane3

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:52:51 PM »
This should become a regular perk for season pass holders like every day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »
that would be a nice added perk. I dont think you will see that though,
With the way the park seems to be watching expenses, the extra hour of ride time would add to daily operation costs.  I would not even begin to guess how many employees it would take for the extra hour to man all the rides, and the other prep time to open early..

BUT that would be great! I know we will be taking advantage of it monday.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
I wouls be happy if they let the Season pass holders enter early thru the Marketplace like they use to.  I think they would sell more from the market place that way as well.  The only place I go in there is package pick up and then I am heading twards the trams so I never really buy much in there. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »
I am glad Silver Dollar City is showing appreciation to their Season Pass Holders. The extra touches really do go a long way!

While I agree this should not be an everyday thing, I think it is a very nice occasional treat. :)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
So, has anyone taken advantage of this?  If so, how is the turnout?
I'm Your Huckleberry

cocodane3

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »
I want to go tomarrow but idk wat time my ffa chapter sill get up. Its hard to travel with people who dont love sdc like we do. Im sure u guys have run into this at one point in time or another. Ontop of this my sponser dosnt want to stay all day because they want ride gocarts on the strip. This pisses me off. Sorry ill step of my soap box now.thanks for listning.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 10:29:51 PM »
went to today, very little traffic.  real HOT out there today,  girl;s rode whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.  PK laid down again, early afternoon.  just another day. ::)

cocodane3

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »
Hey sanddune there was a guy at fire in The hole that came in and asked about buckets the far dog.I was wondering if that was u. Because i was stNding at the very front of line 6.