Author Topic: Can't make up our minds  (Read 4685 times)

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Can't make up our minds
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
Ok folks...we're heading to Branson, but can't make up our minds between the Branson Belle, or the Dixie Stampede.  We have never went to the Dixie Stampede and we have done the Branson Belle, but the show is new this year.  What does my "SDC Fans" family suggest?

cocodane3

Re: Can't make up our minds
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
Dixie Stampede is the best. It is a must do. The food and show is the best in branson exceps SDC.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
sorry cocodane..... I vote the Showboat..  i love the boat, the wait staff, the new show,  and of course the cruise..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
AND.. with season passes you get 1/2 price tickets to the boat, You get a 5.00 discount to the stampede.

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
The new show will be there for a while so do something different. Go to the Dixie Stampede, you wont be disappointed!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
Boy this one is tough! This is like which would you rather have, a cookie, or a slice of cake?

The Showboat Branson Belle has been through some rough water this past year (figuratively, and literally) so I would give it time to find its groove again, and try the Dixie Stampede.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:07 AM »
Thanks folks.  I'm REALLY between a rock and a hard place here.  Trying to figure out if SOTH has a package deal for the homestead, meal and show.  The website doesn't list a package and individually, it will cost nearly $100 a person to do it all!  That's why we are deciding between the Belle or the Stampede.  Wished I had time (and money) to do both!  Whatever we choose, I'm sure we'll do the other this fall when we return.

It is a little strange that you get 50% off the Belle, but only $5 off the Stampede. :-\

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »
your right dewey,  We wanted to do the "complete"  SOTH, But i think 100 bucks per person for an ;ate afternoon evening expierence is high. So we elected no to do that.

We have discussed many times the SDC "discount". wondered why such a good discount for the boat, but not the stampede.

We get 5 bucks off for the duck also, and it is only a 22.00 ride..

Anyway the good thing is both of the dinner/shows are excellent..  So enjoy whichever event you decide on... ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
I would prefer the Dixie Stampede, with a leisurely boat/ canoe/ paddle around the lake myself! If I am on a boat, I want to enjoy the views, and the upper decks. Forget the show! serve me my food out here!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
Well, we elected to go to the Dixie Stampede.  Warning to all season pass holders...you must call to get your tickets if you want the $5 discount.  Stupid me....I bought them online and was waiting for it to prompt me for any discounts...so we ended up NOT getting the $5 off.

Once I printed off the tickets, the wife called to ask about the discount and was pretty much told "too bad".  Oh well......... :-\

If anyone is in town over the weekend, I'll be playing at the Outback Pub on Friday night.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the tip about having to call on the phone in order to get the discount.

I hope you, and your family have a great dinner show! ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
yes enjoy yourselves.

cocodane3

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »
Its funny how you get 50% off at DW/DWSC but only $5 off a DS
DW-Dollywood
DWSC-Dollywood Splash Coutry
DS-Dixie Stampede
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:31:14 AM by cocodane3 »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:04 AM »
Probably because the Herschend Entertainment company is not getting as much of the revenue percentages at the Dixie Stampede as they are at the theme parks. 

cocodane3

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
We go during the dead times and it's still almost always sold out.