Author Topic: Trip-May 29, 2011  (Read 4687 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Trip-May 29, 2011
« on: May 29, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
So, I'm not sure if you normally do an "official" thread on WW visits, but I wanted to update everyone on how everything was going today at White Water.

We got there around noon.  Our first stop was to rent a locker.  There are now 2 sizes of lockers, family size and regular size.  They have reformatted the way you find lockers.  Each key is on a certain color lanyard.  Your lanyard matches the paddle over the set of lockers you use.  Pretty efficient, but they don't have a map of where everything is.  We ended up getting a locker that was far away from where we spent out time. 

Next stop-Aloha Bay!  It was great!  I was very impressed with how great it looks.  The only downside is that there are only 2 exit and entrance points.  They are very close together.  However, we saw that there was really no place to put another exit and have it make sense.  The current isn't too strong, but moves everyone along well.  The pictures show it a lot more "active" than it really is.  The spouts that pour out water are easily avoided.  The lifeguards were great, making sure that the teens didn't tip over others' tubes or bump into people, which didn't always happen in previous years. 

We took the twins on their first water slide!  They loved it!  Next, a stop at first aid.  Caleb cut his toe.  They were on top of everything and he had a great time showing off his bandaid!  After that, we had lunch at Hannah's.  Prices were great this year and the refillable cup is totally worth it!  The four of us ate for under 20.00.  You can by the cup for 5.99 and then fill it up for .99 for the 2011 season only.  If you get a nice checkout person, they also give you the SDC 10% off, making your refill only  .89.  You can only use this cup at WW.

The kids had a great time in the toddler area.  Dad and I rode all of the slides except the Towers.  I think it's time to get rid of the Bermuda Triangle.  It's really not well used and it is hard for taller people to ride it.  Dad came out with a scraped foot because he couldn't get his legs to switch sides fast enough.  There were always tubes available. 

Overall, it was a great trip!  The staff was nice and very helpful.  You may want to take water shoes that you can wear on every ride.  The bottom of the pool areas are really rough, as is the zero entry to Aloha Bay.  It feels like they just took bags of the roughest sand they could find, dumped them out, then painted over it.  Our feet are completely torn up.  That's how Caleb's toe got cut.  It wasn't enough to make our trip bad! 

Now, I'm going to sleep so we can have a fun day at the city tomorrow.  Caleb is staying in  my parent's cabin, which means we have a pretty good chance of Cate sleeping til 9!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Trip-May 29, 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:45:41 AM »
great report, good trip.!  congrats.  one question?....

Where are the pictures????????

Your our 1st WW report, you cant leave us hanging out here..... ITS against club rules. LOL!

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
Sorry! I didn't get any!  We will be back in the park tomorrow so I will get some then and post them when I get home!  I am going to the city today.  Will take lots!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »
It feels like they just took bags of the roughest sand they could find, dumped them out, then painted over it.
You can thank the lawyers for the sand.  They cant have you falling down and that sand will wear down as the season goes on, you were just the first.  If you notice at SDC the stream that leads down to lake Silver on the side of the walking path has been treated as well.  They took rocks and mixed them in a slurry and poured them down on the once flat surface.  I am sure this is because kids would walk in the water and fall on the slick concrete that had been worn down flat.
You know before that park opens every year that the insurance companies take little walks around the parks requiring adjustments.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
We assumed that to be the case mh.  Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt or tear up  your feet.  We will have water shoes next time to combat that problem.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to go back today because my sunburn is too bad to be out in the sun again. We will be back the 12th.  Lots of pictures will be taken then!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
Man!!  no pics.. :'(     Just kidn ya!  glad you had a good trip,,,

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »
Glad ya had fun!! Sounds like a great trip.

While we didn't go to White Water, it really does look great from the strip.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."