Author Topic: Another email survey  (Read 2266 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Another email survey
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Got another email survey this week.  Some questions about Echo Hollow -- do you know it's there, when was the last time you went to a show in EH. etc.

Most of the questions were about Kids Fest and possible future shows and cartoon characters.  Show possibilities included a Cirque' type show, a big soap bubble show, a light show in which 2 kids explore "Marvel Cave", and a Glee type show.  A list of cartoon characters was given and wanted to know if you were familiar with the character and how well you liked the character.  List included the Flinstones, Dora the Explorer and Diego, Tom and Jerry, Cat in the Hat, Spongebob, Scooby Doo, and some other characters that I haven't seen before.

In the comments I said that I didn't think the cartoon characters went with the theme of SDC.

Anyone else get this survey?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Another email survey
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
I didn't get the survey but I liked the sound of the show where two kids explore Marvel Cave. Anything to stay in theme and possibly tie things into the history of SDC is a plus for me. It sounds like we're just going to have to live with the cartoon characters at SDC for Kidsfest.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
I must be too OLD, i dont get the interest in the cartoon characters. ??? ???

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
My favorite possibility was regarding the Marvel Cave show for the kiddos! I let them know that I was happy that they were utilizing the ideas from the park and going along a theme rather than bringing in various TV cartoon personalities.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
What I wanna know is: why can't they have costume characters of the animals from HDH? Make their own characters that kids will want to meet. Something that fits the theme.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
I think the marketability of the HDH characters would have a limited appeal, and it would cost a good amount of money to do that and do it well. More than likely they are spending money on the mass media characters that is being returned to them from merchandise. These characters were not cheap to license, but are already established, they bring in revenue, they draw customers to the park from name recognition that a new character would not. I understand your point though, Disney had to start somewhere right? I think they tried with Rocky, in the eighties, and would rather at this point take the simple route, and hire out to cartoon characters...sad, but true